1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
Run the host from the PCV valve to the input of the can, run the hose from the output of the can back to the original host connected to your intake. If in your pic the bottom hose is the output FROM your can I think you have it hooked up correctly.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Run the host from the PCV valve to the input of the can, run the hose from the output of the can back to the original host connected to your intake. If in your pic the bottom hose is the output FROM your can I think you have it hooked up correctly.
That's my can lol.

Rather than not 100% info because I can't quite remember.... go to the 6th element website and look up their instructions for installing the catch can they sell. It's the same process and will work guaranteed!

Reactions: atlsud

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My can is not vented.

Is the top of the 6th element can the input or the output?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
That is a filter. I would take that off and cap that port. That's where the smell is from

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The picture is someone else's can 😊. I was just using that as a reference

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
That is a filter. I would take that off and cap that port. That's where the smell is from
So I noticed the whole giant filter thing on my can. What is the use of having fresh air? Does it help keep from over pressure in the line and can? If that's the case it saved my ass.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My understanding is that a can running between the PCV and the intake should NOT be vented because it will be under pressure during boost. If you run a second can between your valve cover and intake, that can, can be vented to the atmosphere if so desired. If I'm wrong please feel free to correct my dumb ass... :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
My understanding is that a can running between the PCV and the intake should NOT be vented because it will be under pressure during boost. If you run a second can between your valve cover and intake, that can, can be vented to the atmosphere if so desired. If I'm wrong please feel free to correct my dumb ass... :D
Understood. So I need to cap my can. That sucks I love my little filter :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah PCV to mani is closed loop . No filter on it . If you are smelling fumes that's where they are coming from . I smelled fumes a lot when I had the cans on because both had leaks . On e was a vent to air and the other closed loop but the shit seal it came with would fail and I would smell fumes in the cabin .

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey I got that too. I thought it was the car or truck in front of me or I went through someone's BBQ party. I just cracked the window open and punched it to pass the smell, lol. Didn't smell it after that.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I got the smell now...
After rain, actually.

However, I do not have catch cans. Oil leak somewhere?

It is not strong, but noticeable.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Check the turbo area . Some of us have had leaking around the feed lines . Some the seals Shouldn't be any smell of oil .

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Checked all around. Nothing.
Yet, from time to time I get oily smell from the vents. It is not much from engine bay - at least I can't locate the smell.

I wonder if it is not spilled oil and finds a way to drip somewhere...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts