Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be the wrong spot for this but.. hell i don't know where to put it lol.

My Girlfriend pointed something out to me not long ago and I have been researching this for the Koups. I have found out that... NOT everyone has the smartkey, nor do they have the push to start (who would have thought) For us who do. we all know that we do have a hard copy of the key in case battery failure. I'm more than sure there is one under the plastic on the diver side door. How ever! I have not seen a spot to manually start the car in case of battery failure. Some people mentioned there is a slot for it in the glove box, guess they don't have it anymore in the 14/15 models? The book says that you just put the key fob against the starter and it will start. It always states that this is for a week battery/signal. However I'm talking about COMPLETELY DEAD. Is there a way to start our cars with the manual key? I haven't found a spot for it anywhere on the internet or in the book, that or I'm just blind as a bat and I'm dead because i snake just bit the ever living crap out of me. Don't get me wrong once one of my keys gets a "Weak" signal that battery is yesterdays news.

Of course I am asking for help in case of extreme situations that most of us will not fall under. It is also a nice to know.

Thanks in advance for all responses, and sorry if this has already been addressed

·
Registered
257 Posts
This might be the wrong spot for this but.. hell i don't know where to put it lol.

My Girlfriend pointed something out to me not long ago and I have been researching this for the Koups. I have found out that... NOT everyone has the smartkey, nor do they have the push to start (who would have thought) For us who do. we all know that we do have a hard copy of the key in case battery failure. I'm more than sure there is one under the plastic on the diver side door. How ever! I have not seen a spot to manually start the car in case of battery failure. Some people mentioned there is a slot for it in the glove box, guess they don't have it anymore in the 14/15 models? The book says that you just put the key fob against the starter and it will start. It always states that this is for a week battery/signal. However I'm talking about COMPLETELY DEAD. Is there a way to start our cars with the manual key? I haven't found a spot for it anywhere on the internet or in the book, that or I'm just blind as a bat and I'm dead because i snake just bit the ever living crap out of me. Don't get me wrong once one of my keys gets a "Weak" signal that battery is yesterdays news.

Of course I am asking for help in case of extreme situations that most of us will not fall under. It is also a nice to know.

Thanks in advance for all responses, and sorry if this has already been addressed
Mine actually has a key hole on the door handle to unlock the door. Thats a good ? if the battery is dead how to start it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
102 Posts
some have a spot in the center or in the glove box for this if not just push the button with the key fob till it starts that will start the car

·
Registered
102 Posts
You see I do not have a showing keyhole at all..
the plastic should pop off on the end of the handle, I would go look to see but do not have any koups on the lot

·
Registered
195 Posts
If your fob battery is dead just push the button with the key fob. The button can sense the fob even if it's dead and will start the car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the hard copy of the key is just for the door if ever needed. Alright well I guess the car manual has it lol. Thanks guys

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes manual key for door only. The fob probably has an RFID chip in it, so it can work even if dead.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'd like to know if anyone knows how to turn the ignition off with the car still in nuetral. Putting it on my lift is a pain. Got to leave it in nuetral to position the arms then get back in and put it in park to turn off the ignition.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I'm not sure if you can do it with the push button. Might be a safety feature where it won't let you. My suv will but that is a regular key ignition. What you can do is bring the car in and then shut it off normally and then put the ignition to the ON position without starting it and you should be able to put it into neutral. If not pull the little cover for the lockout by the shifter and push down on it with the key out of the fob and put it into neutral that way

·
Registered
534 Posts
Try again?Kia Forte: Engine start/stop button - Driving your vehicle - Kia Forte TD 2014-2015 Owners Manual

In an emergency situation while the vehicle is in motion, you are able to turn the engine off and to the ACC position by pressing the ENGINE START/STOP button for more than 2 seconds or 3 times successively within 3 seconds. If the vehicle is still moving, you can restart the engine without depressing the brake pedal by pressing the ENGINE START/STOP button with the shift lever in the N (Neutral) position (if smart key equipped).

·
Registered
257 Posts
Try again?Kia Forte: Engine start/stop button - Driving your vehicle - Kia Forte TD 2014-2015 Owners Manual

In an emergency situation while the vehicle is in motion, you are able to turn the engine off and to the ACC position by pressing the ENGINE START/STOP button for more than 2 seconds or 3 times successively within 3 seconds. If the vehicle is still moving, you can restart the engine without depressing the brake pedal by pressing the ENGINE START/STOP button with the shift lever in the N (Neutral) position (if smart key equipped).
Power doesn't turn off. Only goes into Acc position.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
If you want all power off just pull the little cover next to the shifter and do the release that way. I had to do it when my ECU took a crap

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Oh you automatic guys..... LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
For the MT members gaining access with a flat fob battery.

just tested the fob with the battery removed, used insert key to unlock door, alarm goes off, used fob to push starter button, alarm stops and engine starts, display indicates fob not in vehicle.

Everything in the book works.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts