Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had trouble deciding what tint I really wanted so let's share our cars and let new owners see what they look like with which tint. This is 20% sides and rear under different lighting conditions. I think I made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
@norrie I love the 20% on your koup. Looks great. And I want your sticker! Where did you get it from? I was looking for one in a store but haven't found one.

Here is my tint, I don't have any good angle pics of it :/ but I went with 35% which is Legal. I would love to have went darker but getting an inspection would be difficult.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
35 is good too. Our police are a bit more lenient here. The tint shop said most people here get 15 or 20. If you get it done through the dealer, you can only go legal at 35. And pay 3x more. Tint on your tail lights will look great too.

I got a few stickers from their online store a couple of years ago when I bought the G-Shock they collaborated on (I collect G-Shocks) but this one is from ebay. I have a black glitter one in another style on the other side which only appears if the sun is shining directly on it. Then it changes colours as you walk past.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
35 is good too. Our police are a bit more lenient here. The tint shop said most people here get 15 or 20. If you get it done through the dealer, you can only go legal at 35. And pay 3x more. Tint on your tail lights will look great too.

I got a few stickers from their online store a couple of years ago when I bought the G-Shock they collaborated on (I collect G-Shocks) but this one is from ebay. I have a black glitter one in another style on the other side which only appears if the sun is shining directly on it. Then it changes colours as you walk past.
The police around here are not very tight on the tint. But we have to get our cars inspected every year (not sure if it's that way in Australia) and our tint has to pass inspection with 35%. There are very few shops that will pass illegal tint, being darker than 35%. You have to know the right people lol

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have inspections on cars older than 3 years but I've never heard of anyone being knocked back for tinting.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here's mine with 20%...

IMG_6535.jpg IMG_6539.jpg IMG_6540.jpg

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good MikeyB.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Looks really good mikeyB!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
This is my white koup with 20% tint
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
White looks sweet with the tint and black roof mate. Very nice!

Reactions: stirider

·
Registered
80 Posts
How do these cars go with tint and no window frame, some doors have pressure pads pushing against glass and rub the tint,
Victoria Aust do not have yearly inspections, it's only when you bring attention to yourself and fail a road side check, that when the car needs inspection.

Riding a VF750c left the lights with a cop beside me, a week later received a letter to fix and present for inspection for being too loud.

·
Registered
439 Posts
There's a switch on the frame that the door hits. . Either put something there to push it or take apart rear quarter to access wiring to make the car think the door is closed..... but if you do this. You can only close the door from the outside..... you would have to push the window in as you slowly close the door.

·
Registered
18 Posts
would be awesome if people listed what kind of film they opted for...

i'm getting a Llumar ceramic on friday, which is some of the best in the bizzz :cool:
also, i had an 80% SunTek CXP put on the front. everyone should think about getting that added. protects your dash from the UV rays and keeps heat out just like the windows that you got tinted.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
UGH the white with dark tint looks AMAZING
Tyson

·
Registered
535 Posts
2015-07-03_16.24.54.jpg

15% all the way around. To be honest I wish I had gotten 30% on the front two doors. It's so dark with them being at 15%.

It's ceramic coated and it ended up costing $310 for anyone who is looking to get tint. I do need to take it back to have the rear redone because the guy didn't get all the dust off before applying the tint and now there are little white dots in some places so take the price I got for what it's worth.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Here is mine. Rear is limo and front is 1 step down. I got the best I could find that blocks the uv rays because my eyes are so sensitive. I even got a light tint on the windshield

1 - 20 of 32 Posts