Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Went to the dealership to sort out a few things with the licensing and I noticed that they had my car there on the lot. While the sales guy was doing what he needed to do, he told me to go look at the keys so I did... Well here she is:

Now, I don't know if I'm being too paranoid, but I just wanted to get an opinion on something I noticed right away - here's a close up of that same photo above:

As you can see, there is a noticeable gap between the fender, hood and A? pillar:

I took some more shots, and I think that the hood is misaligned:

Drive side:

Passenger side:

Driver side 2:

Passenger side 2:

Now, I don't know if these things are normal... this is my first new car. The sales guy told me that it hasn't gone through the PDI yet... Even so, wouldn't something like this be relatively easy to notice at the factory?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I would make them adjust the hood on it. Mine was off and they adjusted it to my liking. My car had 110miles on it but the dealer kept saying they come with miles on them and I saw that other cars on the lot had maybe 10-20. From there I investigated and found out it was loaned to a woman at the dealer because her phone was paired to the car and it was in her name. Mine comes up as Samsung and not my name. I complained about it and argued the price because of it.

Maybe argue the price down because of how many miles. They are throwing you a bone to screw with you. I am sure they took it for a drive to play with it.

Usually the remote starts and the mats come from the manufacturer of the product and sometimes gets there later then the car. That's what happened with my suv and some upgrades I got.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Who knows what happened? Maybe a small accident? But I would make sure it is fixed either way. Can they run a car fax or something? As for the salesman, most salesman will bs you. It's just what most of them do. Don't trust them. No offense if there is any salesmen on this forum. They usually just tell you what you want to hear but make sure everything is 100% before you sign anything or drive away. Once your gone, they will be harder to deal with. If they make any promises, get it in writing.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
And with my car they were really pushing the protection package which included undercoating. They offered it to me for cheap, then for cost, then for below cost and I keep turning them down. Later I looked under the car and it had undercoating so that is why they were pushing it so hard. But yeah make sure you don't pay for the car starter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
For comparison here's mine:

driver's:

Don't mind the wax residue I need to get cleaned out of there.

I imagine those miles are test drives at the prior dealer if this was a dealer trade. Certainly not unheard of for dealer's to deliver a car with a "we owe" statement on dealer installed items but I imagine they'll have that taken care of by pick up if they say so.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both. I can totally see this car being used a test drive vehicle for potential customers for a short time. It is VERY hard to find a manual around me... I was told from another dealer there was only 4 white ones with a manual transmission in my province (Not sure how accurate this is).

I wont sign anything till the hood is fixed and the car has remote start and floormats. Hearing that your hood, Forte5, was off makes me feel better.

I don't think the car was in an accident. I did a quick walk around and everything else checked out.

I could try to negotiate the price but I'm pretty much getting this car at cost + remote start and mats. I was very happy with the deal I got. That being said, if I dont get what I want i'll walk and push for my $500 back.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nousse,

Noticed your post after I finished typing mine - thank you for taking those pictures for me. And yes I'm certain this vehicle was a dealer trade... you're right in thinking it was test drives by other people.

On my purchase agreement it clearly states:

"Dealer to include Weathertech mats (front/rear) + KIA remote start".

Still need to sign the final contract along with the finance terms.

EDIT: ALSO I tried checking the VIN and I only get the Make, doesn't even list the model. As if my VIN is too new or something. I took a very crappy photo of the VIN too so I"m hoping I made out the right characters... I did try multiple combinations though.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would talk about the miles a little. Mine had 8 when I first came across it

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Got a call from the dealership this morning stating that the hood will be aligned - was told this woulda been noticed in the PDI but since I went in before it had been completed I looked at it before the mechanics did.

As for the mats and remote start, those will be installed when I pick up the car.

New date is Tuesday!

I appreciate yall chiming in, great community and I'm glad to soon be a part of it.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Congrats man!

It looks like they have your car on display in front. I would ask for it to be put in the back so nothing happens to it. Thats how I found my car. They had it stuffed in the back hidden and they kept saying they didn't have a F5 so I went looking!

Reactions: staax

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay bumping this again.

Just received a call the day before my car is supposed to be delivered and I'm told that KIA does not support their factory remote start on a manual transmission.

Does anyone else know if this is true or not? I was told by 2 dealerships that an OEM remote start isn't a problem.

If anyone had a dealer installed remote start on a MT, was it OEM or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Remote start on Manuals is much more difficult than automatics since the car has to go through a checklist of things before it can start. Not sure on the validity of the statement the dealership told you, but I could see it being a safety concern.
Tyson

Reactions: rick021808

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It's a liability thing. If you leave it in gear is the biggest thing

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I've been doing my research and apparently most aftermarket ones require a process in order to remote start the vehicle.

Just found out that the brand they will install is called "Polar Start" which I have never heard of... And cannot find much info on.

At this point I'm prepared to cancel the deal. I won't accept some eBay remote start that isn't quality and not safe.

Not happy.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah there isn't an OEM remote start offering that I'm aware of. Dealer is going to go cheap on such aftermarket add-ons. Better off doing your own research/install or going to a good car audio place and getting it done.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More on the subject:
Still don't know the model of the Polar Start they want to install and found out its being done by a single individual who runs his own business who will not answer his phone.

I'm done. I'm going in tomorrow asking them to scrap the remote start and write me a check for $500 or I'm walking.

Not pleased at all with this.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay little bit of good news. Spoke to the installer who was a real nice guy. I feel better knowing that the brand im getting is essentially an AutoStart that is just rebranded.

It has the safety features that it will not start in gear which I'm pleased with.

Gonna get it all in writing that its warrantied for 3 years and won't void anything.

Must admit, this buying experience hasn't been all too pleasant.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Autostart is a pretty good brand. I went with a 2 way compustar on my Forte manual. Last year my installer said they were just starting to do installs on push start manual transmission cars and said to wait a year. I knew a guy with a 2015 sti last winter that had lots of problems with his. I had to get my installer to change some of my programming for me but other than that it works great. To use it, I start the car with remote, unlock with aftermarket remote, close door, push brake for 3 seconds to take over the car starter, you can hear a relay click. Then to put into ready mode. I pull the ebrake, push my car starter button on my remote, leave the car, the doors auto lock then engine turns off. He had it do it automatically but when I got out to scrap my windows. The car thought I wanted ready mode. So he reprogram it so I have to press car start button on the key fob. My old car was automatic but I had a key ignition so I had to pull ebrake then take the keys out of the ignition.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts