Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was going to install my 6thelements bushings but ran into a problem. I have a 2015 forte5 and i guess they added rear heat vents in the center console (arm rest), so after i removed the arm rest i found 2 vents running to the rear which are now blocking me from getting to the bushings. Just woundering if any one has done a 2015 install or just some help.

Thanks .

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
my 14 didnt have them, you should be able to remove the 2 10mm bolts in the armrest and then a screw on either side on the center console and it should come out. there will be a connector for the usb plug and the cig lighter plugs on the back of the console also

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey guys, i was going to install my 6thelements bushings but ran into a problem. I have a 2015 forte5 and i guess they added rear heat vents in the center console (arm rest), so after i removed the arm rest i found 2 vents running to the rear which are now blocking me from getting to the bushings. Just woundering if any one has done a 2015 install or just some help.

Thanks .
Are you talking about the base bushings?
I didn't remove the center console
I just removed all 4 bolts with a long extension and a swivel
Next part is tricky with the limited space but patience , a long needle nose or flat head screwdriver will do the job to get the old rubber bushings and sleeves out
Then you just replace them with your new base bushing and snug up them bolts. Bam!!! Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool, thats what i thought i would have to do, thanks @honhon....... and as for using an extension and swivel not sure it will work, the plastic vents are going right over top the 4 bolts but ill have a look again thanks.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Ok cool, thats what i thought i would have to do, thanks @honhon....... and as for using an extension and swivel not sure it will work, the plastic vents are going right over top the 4 bolts but ill have a look again thanks.
Yeah I don't have the vents so I wouldn't know access for the bolts themselves
I was just stating how I did it, which would help you out with not having to remove the console
Make sure to post up your finding when you do though please
If you end up having more problems I will bring a newer one in and check it out

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a 2014 and have rear center console vents..... kia made some with and some without????

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have a 2014 and have rear center console vents..... kia made some with and some without????
If I'm not mistaken the rear vents come with dual climate control

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh okay. Wonder if only usa base model sx ' s don't come with dual climate control then cause mine is base 6 speed manual. ... maybe all canadian models dual zone?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you installed the bushings yet? I am looking to see if they have helped with the "clunky" OEM shifter feel. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Have you installed the bushings yet? I am looking to see if they have helped with the "clunky" OEM shifter feel. Thanks.
Combo of a short shifter
Shifter and base bushing will have you with an amazing setup you won't regret

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks kneegradamus, I will look into these items.

I found a Kia 'Performance' short shifter kit, but it was not for the 2014-15's...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i believe from what ive seen, the 6spd is the same across the board

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had that same thought honhon, but since I have only owned the car for a week I am still new to the Fotre lol

On my previous car, 2012 Mustang, I replaced the shifter bushing and it was a night and day difference.

Are the shifters for the 6 speeds interchangeable between the Forte's and Veloster's?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ive been contemplating a reverse lockout delete for a better looking knob

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Something must be up with your shifter. I never have that issue with it going to neutral. I go up into mountains weekly and havent had my shifter slide to auto mode from paddle. Maybe there is something up with yours. Mine is tight and takes a good amount of pressure to move it

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the US the Sx has two packages: premium adds full leather and heated seats with a roof and then unlocks availability of the tech package which includes the automatic climate control that your car is equipped with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts