Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 forte5 sx hatch with matte black konig rims, muffler, fmic, cold air intake, bov.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo i was thinking of doing a resonator delete for my 2016 forte5 sx. it already has a few other little mods like a blow off valve, cold air intake, and FMIC. i have heard this can boost turbo spool as well as some amount of sound difference and was just wondering if that is a good idea!

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
nah... maybe a tad, maybe a bit - feels more like a placebo effect
I found myself that without it the low end torque dropped a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you talking about the turbo system res delete? Cause your last comment made it sound like you're talking about the exhaust. But you're mentioning spool.

Anyhow, I'm installing my res delete tomorrow. I'll report back but apparently the gains are at the high end of the rpm guage. I'm just trying to free up a little bit and maybe get a slightly different sound.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I got it installed. Def smoother turbo in upper rpm. Smoother from 1st to 2nd. No noticeable difference in sound.

Found some oil in the resonator and hot pipe south of the resonator. Could be the stupid way I did the intake valve cleaning. I just hope that "safe for turbos" shit is not all over my turbo. Going to be collecting sample when I clean intercooler soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts