Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

In the coming days, I will be looking at the intake valves on a Kia Forte5 SX Hatch w/ Manual Transmission and a Kia Forte Koup SX w/ Automatic Transmission, both 2015 models.
I will be posting photos.

My request:

Stories about intake valve buildup on Gamma engines and/or any other problems that the Gamma GDI has.
I reeeaaallly like driving these Fortes and I want to take the best care of them possible, but the intake buildup seems to be the skeleton in the closet so to speak.

My questions:

1) Does the Gamma engine (1.6, 2.0 and did they make a 2.4 Forte?) have more or less carbon buildup on the intake valves than other GDI engines? Why and how?
2) Have you dealt with this issue? (Carbon buildup on the intake valves) If so, how did you reduce and or clean your intake valves properly? Is there a forum post I should see on this valve buildup topic?
3) Aside from intake valves, what are some major issues coming from manufacture configurations affecting long term reliability?

Cant wait to get to know the community. I have seen at least 2 ( maby the same one twice ) blue 2015 Forte Koup in the Austin area.
Im really looking forward to meeting all the fourm active Forte Turbo owners living in Austin.

Best,
Guy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry I have no input on this subject. My car has been running very smooth (26K) so I haven't given it much thought.
Thx

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed a 6th Engineering Radium catch can on my 2015 Forte SX and never thought of cleaning the intake valves until 125K miles when I open the intake manifold to look at the back of the valves. And it was all gunked up. So I and got a can of B12 Chemicol at Walmart for $3 a can. Poor it in and let it soak for a little bit. Then scrub wit a brass brush ...then vacuum wit a hose attached to a vac-shop..and now the car drives like new again... I now have no doubt this car will make it to 300-400k miles with no problems..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts