Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So,

I poked a hole in a tire today and ran the tire flat without my knowledge for around 3 km resulting in some wear on the inside of the tire.

Replace, yay or nay? Canadian (Crappy) Tire say yay.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
Quick question.

Do you see belts/wires/cords? If you do - replace.

Didn't TPMS say anything to you? Or Canadians still do not have TPMS?

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
TPMS are not mandatory here.
That's what I thought.

Funny. I just had a discussion with a guy on Hyundai-forum about TPMS (he is having some intermittent issues) and I stated that TPMS is not really needed as a driver should "feel" when the tire is getting low on pressure: noise, dragging, pulling to one side... I guess not always the case. Maybe this very low profile hinders it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No TMPS. I could not "feel" anything different when driving, rear wheel, so steering wasn't affected. I actually thought there was still air in it when I realized there was a problem, otherwise i would have used that repair can from the trunk. I went straight to gas station to put air in it, and then Canadian Tire to have the hole plugged.

Anywho, new tire just ordered. Will be in town tomorrow and on my rim tomorrow night.

I look like a hillbilly with Low Profile 18" in the front and Winters 16" on the back LOL

Reactions: PLP
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.