Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My remote starter shuts off and turns the car back on about 3 times before I get down the stairs and chirps the horn. Then if I step on the brake to shift out of part, it shuts off again.
What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The factory remote. Clicking it to activate in the method in the key instructions. All factory wiring. Nothing modified.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Remote starter in CA?

What is the time frame from the moment you start to the fist shut off? Plus how do you know it shuts the car down?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My remote starter shuts off and turns the car back on about 3 times before I get down the stairs and chirps the horn. Then if I step on the brake to shift out of part, it shuts off again.
What am I doing wrong?
Hey man.
When you are asking for help, please respond to follow up questions... like the above ones.

And more input.
When the car dies once you get inside and shift out from P, it means the car did not expect it. Meaning - did you depress the start button to turn ignition on? Maybe it requires you to unlock the doors before going in as opposed to proximity?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul -- I don't think it's on the fritz, I think I"m doing something wrong. I resorted (ugh) to looking at the instruction manual. Could it be in valet mode somehow?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Paul -- I don't think it's on the fritz, I think I"m doing something wrong. I resorted (ugh) to looking at the instruction manual. Could it be in valet mode somehow?
I honestly do not know how the factory remote start works. Was the manual any help, if not you could call the dealership and ask, saves you a trip from driving down there

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I honestly do not know how the factory remote start works. Was the manual any help, if not you could call the dealership and ask, saves you a trip from driving down there
I guess this is a pointless advice, as he does not care about solving the problem. If he did, he would have answered questions that had been asked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts