Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone one here that is tuned, with a FMIC , DP, exhaust, intake. Ever run door to door with a BMW 335i? And how much WHP and TOR do you make ?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
What mods are on the 335i? Stock form they can be pretty quick, but they are quite a bit heavier, They can be at 500whp on the stock turbo's. That is with a tune and some mods though obviously.
Tyson

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 3 friends that have 335i's , two of them have full bolts ( one with meth) both well into the 400's in whp and the othe friend has a bone stock 335i. The stock one ran door to door with a evo9 that made 286 whp. So really my question is if I can get my koup around 250-270 whp could I keep up? If not beat it , know I'm almost 500 lbs lighter..

·
Registered
468 Posts
its a apples to oranges debate.. I would say a full bolt ons 1.6 tgdi platform car.. either Veloster or Forte.. should be in the 240 to to 260.. safely on the stock turbo. depending on the quality of the tune and the intercooler and downpipe being run.. Tork has some cars running way higher.. but most people with full bolt ons and a good intercooler down pipe and tune are in the 240 to 260 range at the wheels.. wit the stock weight or our cars and open diff FWD platform .. your in the ball park with the Evo and Sti that are mostly stock.. speed 3s and focus st will be no issues stock or basic bolt ons... quarter mile with stock ties and suspension and a good driver.. you could dig to low 13 second.. 330i is just at the top level of something you could chase down if it was stock. but if he is racing he is not stock.. if its just some dink trying to push through traffic would could surprise them.. but if its a auto car fomr a dig you will get hammered.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's some good info to know , thanks a lot . Well here's a update. Went out racing with my friends and I had the opportunity to race so I did. I lined up next to a BMW 330i ...
We did 3 races.

From a 40 mph roll , I beat him by a car length.

From a 15 mph roll , I beat him by 21/2 cars.

From a dig, I ran door to door with it.

The guy I raced was pissed lol, because he lost to a KIA with very minimal bolt on's :joy:.

Reactions: CrazyFritter

·
Registered
188 Posts
@aurora15 are you running an auto or manual forte? I'm really surprised that you beat him at a 40 roll.. but good for you!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm running auto. Wish it was a manual lol and thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
I'm running auto. Wish it was a manual lol and thanks
If you had manual you could have had problem to keep up... Unless you really hard shift and dump the clutch (keep gas depressed and hit rev limiter), you will loose boost and acceleration is lost.
Besides, auto has shorter first 3 gears allowing for faster acceleration.

Sure, MT gives you more fun, more control, but it annoying some times when you have to shift gears back and forth.

·
Registered
188 Posts
2015 forte 5

Tork 1.5
FMIC
3.5 inch intake
Tork dp
Full exhaust
Hks 45's

Lost by two cars from a fifty roll to 115 to an 07 M3 SMG with bolt ons

Get a tune!
Wow!!!!! I shall soon! that's awesome!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2015 forte 5

Tork 1.5
FMIC
3.5 inch intake
Tork dp
Full exhaust
Hks 45's

Lost by two cars from a fifty roll to 115 to an 07 M3 SMG with bolt ons

Get a tune!

What's the better tune though ? The tune from damnfastdd.com or 845motorsports.com? Is one of them more conservative than the other? I've been looking to get tuned but can't decide on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't speak for either 6th or 845, I do have several parts from 6th and all of them work flawlessly.

I have the tork 1.5 on the car now, and is a rocket. Great for a full bolt on car. It seems as if their stage one tune works great for mild bolt ons as well.

Reach out to them though great customer service and they will answer all your questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.