Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that you would like to see improved about the product as to fitment?
I ask because we are finishing up our downpipe design here soon and I wanted to know if there was anything you didn't like about the fitment, being it was for a different car.

I'd really like to have our pipe fit both cars too, but I'd like to address anything anyone might have a complaint about since ours will be the first Forte specific pipe, among having other engineered features.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
518 Posts
tbh i can't think of much. if you can make a way for the install to be easier lol. i would've bought one of yours just for the installation instructions that you give out with all your products. you installing something for a wideband?

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is something I'll be buying later this year. I'm interested in a wideband bung as well. I hear the 2016 DP is different from previous years VT/Forte? That said, I'm looking forward to seeing your DP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
981 Posts
I know I know it says "for those who have the VT down pipe" lol but how about ideas?
A 2 piece unit with optional flanges/vbands to mid-pipe and bolt in cats for those that need them.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm always open for suggestions too.

If I remember correctly, the 2016 veloster is different at the elbow, but still had the same overall dims from turbo connection to cat-back connection.
I can (and probably will) add an extra O2 bung if you want to add in an aftermarket wideband sensor. Our primary O2 is already a wideband and you can read that with a Torque app though.

For those that installed one, how did the O2 sensors go in? Was everything close to being in the same place?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
my only issue is that the primary o2 sensor is a little further on my 845 pipe. so the primary o2 wire has a little "stretching" to it... hasnt hurt it yet with the 20k miles ive had it on the car so far... but either i will need to get a veloster primary o2 which max had confirmed with me that the wiring is a little longer or i need to have a new bung put in.

fit etc is fine though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts