Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently had taken off the line that comes from the BPV and plugged the intake inlet. Now my question is through the last 2 tanks of gas I've seen about 2mpg to 3mpg better mileage in my car.. coincidence? Or has others experienced something of the sort. Btw I only have about 900 miles on the car. I am new to the turbo tunes, so ignorance is still very much a thing with me. thanks.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
maybe because the valve is louder you are subconsciously lifting sooner and not using as much as gas

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've found ours to be the exact opposite for the reason you already stated.....I find myself giving it more gas so I can hear it blow off more...lol

Reactions: Trocko

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
idk its just weird figured id throw it out there that those are the results that Ive gotten. Does your cars seem like you can hear it a lot even when shifting at 2500?

·
Registered
83 Posts
idk its just weird figured id throw it out there that those are the results that Ive gotten. Does your cars seem like you can hear it a lot even when shifting at 2500?
Can't help you there...mine does the shifting for me...lol. Watching my torque app though it seems like it starts building boost before 2500...so I'd say normal??? My old srt would blow off pretty easily at fairly low rpms...although that car sounded like it had about 100psi coming out of it ...

Reactions: CrazyFritter

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
2-3 mpg is small enough that there are many different variables to cause the difference. Slightly changing your driving style can yield those results.
It's just a coincidence, unless you drove the EXACT same route with the EXACT same throttle behavior only difference being the hose.

Also, the valve and how/when the valve actuates doesn't depend on the presence of the hose. It's all ECU based and that comes from the way you drive.

·
Registered
535 Posts
2-3 mpg is small enough that there are many different variables to cause the difference. Slightly changing your driving style can yield those results.
It's just a coincidence, unless you drove the EXACT same route with the EXACT same throttle behavior only difference being the hose.

Also, the valve and how/when the valve actuates doesn't depend on the presence of the hose. It's all ECU based and that comes from the way you drive.
So I have (see sig.) Installed and I have been getting 18mpg avg on the guage for quite a while now. I'm hoping it's just the winter but it still seems SUPER low for a 1.6l especially since I have done all I can on my morning commute to get it to go up. I've gotten it to 18.9 :confused:

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar mpg problems...

·
Registered
83 Posts
That seems a bit low but I guess depending on how hard you drive it I'd say it's possible. The average on our last tank was around 22mpg but when my wife was driving 100mi a day mostly on the highway she would average about 29..

Reactions: schizorazgriz

·
Registered
981 Posts
So I have (see sig.) Installed and I have been getting 18mpg avg on the guage for quite a while now. I'm hoping it's just the winter but it still seems SUPER low for a 1.6l especially since I have done all I can on my morning commute to get it to go up. I've gotten it to 18.9 :confused:

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar mpg problems...
What gas you use can have a big effect on mileage also. Normal mileage on mine is 30+or- a bit when I use Shell 93, if I switch to Chevron 93 or BP 93 I instantly drop to 22-24 mpg doing the same driving everyday. Run that tank out almost completely and fill it up with Shell and mileage comes right back to normal.

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
580 Posts
What gas you use can have a big effect on mileage also. Normal mileage on mine is 30+or- a bit when I use Shell 93, if I switch to Chevron 93 or BP 93 I instantly drop to 22-24 mpg doing the same driving everyday. Run that tank out almost completely and fill it up with Shell and mileage comes right back to normal.
I've lead to believe it's the 10% alcohol , I definately get more power with Exxon and mobile both contain ethanol . She'll has hydrogen ( if that's even there lol ) but more or less . Negative ethanol present . The timing adjust a bit and milage goes up to about an additional 30 miles45/50 if I'm on Eco

·
Registered
535 Posts
That seems a bit low but I guess depending on how hard you drive it I'd say it's possible. The average on our last tank was around 22mpg but when my wife was driving 100mi a day mostly on the highway she would average about 29..
22 was my summer avg. I am chalking it up to winter for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts