Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
A couple of dashcam hardwiring questions:

If anyone has installed a front facing dashcam in a 2014 Forte (specifically 2014 Forte5 SX) which has side airbags (I cannot recall if that was a standard feature for all 2014 Forte cars, possibly might be) then how did you handle getting the wire from the top left hand corner of the windscreen and down the a-pillar and into the fusebox area, without interfering with the Airbag. I'm not overly keen on trying to pull off the A-pillar plastic covering, does it pehaps have a bit of play in it to pull it gently back enough to get the cable down the "front" of it where it'd meet the inside of the windscreen?

The other question is, where's a good ground to use that is near to the fusebox. I'm guessing perhaps one of the bolts on the bottom left of the fusebox isn't a suitable ground?

Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just tucked mine under the edge of the trim. I was able to push it in rather than pull the trim up.
For a ground, this isn't ideal but for my boost gauge I ran the wire to the drivers seat and grounded on one of the bolts there. I have it tucked under the trim too. I think I did that as a temporary fix until I found a better location and then I just forgot about it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I've actually given the a-pillar a bit of a tug and it came out a bit more, but not totally off. There is some special clip thing there keeping it held on, presumably it's to do with the curtain airbag, so the a-pillar doesn't hit you in the head when the bag deploys! Anyway, looks like there is a good path there to route, which is likely the same place you wires run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts