Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up a brand new 2016 Kia Forte5 SX A/T. Would have went with the manual but fiancée says must be 4 doors and automatic so here I am lol.

As far as mods go I have already ordered the 6th element CAI and restronator delete pipe. Since I live in California they are a bit more strict on what you can do to cars now. Also I'm trying to keep my warranty as much as I can so if any of you know of mods that should be done with that in mind, that would be great!

As for appearance, I have gotten a lot of inspiration from mikeex's forte looks like so I will be lowering and tint.

This is it for now but any feedback would be great! Here's the dedicated instagram page too if I can't post pictures on here as much I'll be posting them there. "forte5sx"

·
Registered
458 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey why are single story houses so popular in California? I always see those 'bungalows' types. Do you have a basement? lol

I have the same car except mine is manual. Those headlights need to get painted black, A-SAP! If you're going for the Darth Vader theme, that is a must, IMO.

I'm ordering some tints for my mirror turn signals and I'm going to wrap my mirror in CF wrap that I have lying around. May be not, I honestly haven't decided yet. Getting new wheels installed as soon as the weather lets up. I still remember how pristine my car looked when I first picked it up... great feeling.

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly don't know lol in my town it's mostly single story but there is still a good amount of 2 story just not in my neighborhood lol

Has someone done a write up yet on painting the headlights black?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I am in cali also and my car is highly modded lol. Just don't drive like a ass and your good lol!

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Don't need to smog for 5yrs lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Not hard to swap back. Plus I can figure it out better then what the techs can at my dealership lol

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not hard to swap back. Plus I can figure it out better then what the techs can at my dealership lol
Makes sense lol I'll look into your build and see what you have done, I don't want to go to crazy with money lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Makes sense lol I'll look into your build and see what you have done, I don't want to go to crazy with money lol

Good luck with that! Once the mod bug bites it's hard to stop lol. Most of my upgrades are in my signature. I am basically fully bolted but waiting on my car to get back to try and finish my fmic

Reactions: TexH

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck with that! Once the mod bug bites it's hard to stop lol. Most of my upgrades are in my signature. I am basically fully bolted but waiting on my car to get back to try and finish my fmic
That's what I'm worried about is the mod bug and it's impact on my bank account lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
The mod I've always enjoyed the most on every one of my cars and regretted the least is window tinting.
No warranty or emissions issues.
It just really ups my enjoyment factor. Personally, I've enjoyed window tinting more than any tune I've had. I do not have more forte tuned though so don't let that discourage you if you were planning on going that way.

Once a vendor makes us a midpipe you should have another 5-10 hp maybe more and that shouldn't affect your warranty. Plus an easy install.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like tints. You can stare at the car next to you without them giving you dirty looks. Bonus points if it's a good looking female. heh.

To paint headlights, you just need a lot of nerves because you have to bake them in the oven which is the most common method but I've seen other sources use a hair dryer blowing into a box. You make an perfect seal around the box with the hair dryer by cutting a hole for the blower, then put the headlights in there, seal it up and let it heat up for 10-15 minutes (depending on how hot your dryer is) and then pry the headlights open. YOu'll need re-sealing double-sided tape after that.

Look around. I'm thinking of doing it this summer. I don't like tinting the headlights externally because that's not the look I'm going for.

IMG_3598.jpg

xbq1HHf.jpg

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did the bypass for the bov today, just until my 6th element CAI gets in.

Also washed it and have been trying to polish out all the factory swirl marks in the paint

1 - 20 of 80 Posts