Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my ECU back from Tork Motorsports and am already having problems. I am about 75 miles into the "re-learning" period and now my car is stuck in 4th gear with a P0753 code (shift solenoid). I don't know if this is related to the tune or not. I have called Tork but they are closed today. I have also disconnected the negative battery cable and re-seated the connectors on the ECU with no change. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually...no. So I ended up taking the car to the dealership after I got the ECU back from Tork. The dealership ended up replacing the ECU under warranty. So I am back to stock now. I had a spare ECU on order from Tork but they have not received it yet. Altogether this process has taken over a month and my car has been down for 2 weeks. After multiple phone calls, messages left, and emails sent with no or very little response, I decided to request a full refund. Then they started communicating with me and offered some additional tuning options for my trouble, none of which interested me. So I requested a discount instead, which they have denied at this point. So my experience with Tork has been terrible. Their communication skills are horrible and customer service is non-existent. Some of you may disagree and I'm sure Tork will have a different take, but you cannot deny my experience. So now I am looking for other tuning options. Who else is out there?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Sucks your having this issue with them. I and several others haven't had a issue. I do know they are trying to get back to normal after the holidays and some of their people being off for a few weeks so they are trying to catch up. As for the ECU throwing a code it seems that the ECU was at fault if the dealership had to replace it under warranty. My dealer had to do the same along with replace a coil pack because the eco was burning it up. I requested the ECU from the dealership and they gave it to me and I sent it to Tork and he found that the ECU somehow lost the mapping for the coil packs and sending to much voltage to them causing it to burn.

I hope all gets sorted but the others are 6th and 845 and I think both just started tuning these 1.6 motors

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was going to say that it sounded like the ECU was at fault not the tune. That said, customer service is very important. I don't have a tune, but this sounds like the ECU couldn't hold the tune. BTR is in Glenview, Illinois and I believe they do a tune as well.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sucks to spend money and have problems like that. At least Kia replaced the ECU which was causing the issue.
Now to get the spare ECU you purchased or maybe they might refund that part since it is an item they can use on
any A/T Forte and possibly a A/T VT.
There are always other options one of which is local (meaning in Georgia) to you.
You have:
6TH Element
BTR
Tork

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Unfortunately we were not able to come to an amicable solution to this, so a refund was decided to be the best course of action on this. Anyone who has dealt with me knows that I am always here to help, and in this situation I chose that a refund would be the best option, it is unfortunate that this left a sour taste in your mouth, and for that I apologize. As I explained, the ECU issue was one of those crazy things that has no rhyme or reason, unfortunately that is a risk of shipping an ECU. The spare ECU comes directly from Korea so shipping can be a bit spotty in timing, especially when customs decides to hold it for inspection!

One thing I would like to touch on is the communication, if it wasn't up to your standards that I will apologize for, but I always returned your calls when I got the messages, I think there was a miscommunication between business hours as we open at 10AM Pacific Standard Time, and you are on Eastern time, the majority of your messages were left at 6am(ish) our time, so that did create a bit of a communication lag!

As I said, I am sorry that we couldn't come to a conclusion to make everyone happy. Hopefully you have received your refund and can pursue finding a tuner that will suite your needs a bit better!
Tyson

1 - 13 of 13 Posts