Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched for this in the threads and couldn't find a one stop page.
That being said. My bros! how about we post a preventative maintenance regime for new owners and (me). To ensure our little 1.6T's run strong and smooth for years to come.

Fuel type and additives ?

Oil and filters ?

Plugs ?

Sea foam (application and frequency) ?

Catch cans and flush frequency ?

Chime in, hopefully this will help a lot of people.
Also please point out anything I failed to cover.
Thanks !

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Per the manual. I put a bottle of fuel system cleaner in the tank every time I change the oil

·
Registered
60 Posts
I empty the catch can at every fill up. Real easy for me to lift the hood and turn the valve a 1/4 turn to empty the can.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I change my oil every 3k miles with PUP (pennzoil ultra platinum) and use a OEM filter. I also check my plugs at the same time and make sure the gap is where I want it and if they need to be replaced I do that to. I also rotate my tires in a X pattern one month and then the next month front to back.

I also run Lucas fuel system treatment almost every fill up since I drive a lot. While your at it if you have a air compressor or even use a water hose with a nozzle spray the junk out of the intercooler and radiator. I take mine off every other month and give it a nice bath and I get a lot of dirt and pebbles coming out of the fins.

Reactions: Trocko
1 - 4 of 4 Posts