Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wagons and hatchbacks hold a special place in my heart. While wagons aren't quite as sporty looking, you can fit more stuff back there. And that is nice.

The new Optima wagon is only going to be available in Europe right now but if they ever sell it state side I might have to jump for one.
A 0-60 in under 6 seconds 4 cylinder wagon for around $30k is almost too good to be true.
If only it was slightly off road capable...

The Volvo V90 Is Great, But You Really Want This Kia Optima Wagon

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wish they didn't tone down the 2.0 T such a waste from what it was in 15. but I agree wagons are mint. fact is though they do not sell in the states well at all. its even worse then selling the vans now that suvs are all the rage. Even though 3rd row kinda suck in the sorento people don't want the "van" or "wagon" sadly, I love the wagons that why I have the hatch! Its as close as I can get.

Reactions: lephoenix

·
Registered
981 Posts
My last wagon is one I should have kept around, 1978 Chevy Monza wagon 2 door (basically a Vega leftover with a Monza front clip). Became to much to drive on the street without getting tickets for something, usually it was the non-DOT tires or the 4" fender exit exhaust with no muffler. It is amazing what you can drive on the road in Florida with a dealer plate lol.

Reactions: CrazyFritter

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
if i could have found a forte 5 with the turbo and a manual i would have chosen that over my koup just for the rear doors

if we are shooting for the stars on which "wagon" we want, i would go with the tesla model s....

·
Registered
634 Posts
A guy at my work has the CTS-V in a wagon.. Looks too much like a hearse to me.

The legacy GT is probably the only wagon I'd consider... I like hatchbacks, but something about a longer body without ground clearance just feels off with me. I'd be the guy who went from a hatchback to an SUV.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i could have found a forte 5 with the turbo and a manual i would have chosen that over my koup just for the rear doors

if we are shooting for the stars on which "wagon" we want, i would go with the tesla model s....
Woah woah. Woah woah woah woah woah.

If you're shooting for the stars on wagons and you don't say you want a mint amc eagle wagon then I'm not quite sure that you're not a commy!
Inline 6. 4x4. Mmm.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
tesla is a murican company though

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was thinking of the Tucson new 1.6t awd its 175 rated but all our good bits fit on it lol . Lowered and tuned I think it would be one fun second car

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
to go back to the OP, a slight off-road wagon has been done and unfortunately has failed... the accord cross tour... i feel it failed is mostly because subaru has that segment sealed

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
to go back to the OP, a slight off-road wagon has been done and unfortunately has failed... the accord cross tour... i feel it failed is mostly because subaru has that segment sealed

View attachment 1894
Plus it was ugly and expensive.
I know it's not some thing there's a huge market for. Maybe one day subaru will bring back the wrx hatch and I'll get one. In the meantime I can dream.

Err, actually, did anyone else see the off road workup kia did to a forte for an auto show last year?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Plus it was ugly and expensive.
I know it's not some thing there's a huge market for. Maybe one day subaru will bring back the wrx hatch and I'll get one. In the meantime I can dream.

Err, actually, did anyone else see the off road workup kia did to a forte for an auto show last year?
The dune bug? That's pretty ugly sorry. Even the Rhys Mullen genesis coupe he modded for pikes peak was pretty stank

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.