Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey, sorry for the profanity. Yeah, I love the car. Most days.

I was looking at the 40th Anniversary 370z in the used market; but it fell through. Such a beautiful car, though. You guys talk about rear end on our cars (Forte5) but the Z DAT ASS!!!1 I would lose so much trading it in now though, but you know, I don't think you can ever have the perfect car. You can spend another $10K to get the GTI but that's ⅓ another car. You can get the Mustang, but it won't be that practical. So on, so forth. I rather spend the money I would lose trading up to get some new wheels and may be a tune, etc. Thing is, I didn't know LEDs were so prone to failing. I have never seen another Korean car with defects in the LED tail lights. Genesis Coupe, Elantra, Optimas, but our car seems to have hit a string of bad luck.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

I was looking at the 40th Anniversary 370z in the used market; but it fell through. Such a beautiful car, though. You guys talk about rear end on our cars (Forte5) but the Z DAT ASS!!!1 I would lose so much trading it in now though, but you know, I don't think you can ever have the perfect car. You can spend another $10K to get the GTI but that's ⅓ another car. You can get the Mustang, but it won't be that practical. So on, so forth. I rather spend the money I would lose trading up to get some new wheels and may be a tune, etc. Thing is, I didn't know LEDs were so prone to failing. I have never seen another Korean car with defects in the LED tail lights. Genesis Coupe, Elantra, Optimas, but our car seems to have hit a string of bad luck.
Besides the led issue. There is nothing else you really have to worry about. This led concern is also not country wide and seems to be only confined to certain random areas. Imo it was just a bad batch of taillights.
But if you want to take other vehicles into consideration saying they don't have taillight issues that may be true, but that doesn't mean they don't have there own set of issues
The Genesis had motor issues and they were blowing up left and right. But it's been handled
Optimas had a major issue with spark plugs when first released. They were cracking the porcelain and eating up the motor and turbos. That's been fixed also. Even further more was Denzo was at fault and there spark plugs were the actual issue. Not Kias fault

So let's jump to another manufacture
Ford
The had an immediate problem with there Eco boost motors when first launched. It was a platform wide problem. That was eventually taken care of. But then there a few years later there remodel of a few platforms and some new ones to had some large issues.

Mazda
The famous "zoom zoom boom" as they call it
That was taken care of overnight. To my knowledge was an LSPI issue and was fixed with a new stock tune ( I may be off on that info a little bit you get my point)

Chevy
Lol. I shouldn't even have to list the uncountable recalls they have had in the past 5 years. Particularly the large recalls just rolled out the past year or so that goes back more than 10 years.

As far as the higher cost vehicles
Bmw Mercedes Audi etc..
You don't see not hear about these because they are so good at concealing them. And they have a huge reputation to keep. But they also have there own set of issues

The point of all this is I know you are frustrated because it's a new car and you pay good money for it etc..
But try to have some patience and let them work it out and do there job. Think about it before you just jump into another car
The Forte has so much potential your going to miss out on

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
That sucks @forte5 what's wrong with your car?
As of right now I don't want to say much about it because they aren't totally sure yet. I will be calling today about it to get some answers. Lets just say I have the field rep and a higher up department at kia (from what I am told) involved to figure out what is going on. I just don't want to freak anyone out until I know the right answer and it has been fixed. I will then post up about the whole issue from begining to end lol.

·
Registered
439 Posts

Hey no worries. We all get upset. My last car was 14 years old but near the end I was getting so fusterated with everything going on it. It just got old though and things were starting to wear out. I was just putting more money into it every year or few months then the car was worth so it got fusterating. I actually really wanted a wrx or sti, especially this time of year with the snow. It would be a lot funner to drive but I don't have 30 to 50000 to spend on a car. For the around 20k the kia is, it really is a nice car. It may have some little issues but every car has something usually. Don't take any shit from your dealership to. If they giving you a hard time, talk to someone higher up. You spent a lot of money buying a new car. They should be treating you good. If it wasn't for you or other customers they would not be in business. And not saying you do this but be polite and treat them nice. Just say you got a problem and be nice about it. If you now up on them they are not going to want to help you out. Being friendly with them and get them to help you out. If not go to the next guy up the chain and get him to help you out.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My wife's optima had a taillight replaced with in a week

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my 2015 Forte Koup SX 3 months ago from a used car dealership, love how it drives and how it looks. I expected things to fail given that is a 6 years old car and has 82K+ miles on it but I think is BS that you have to change the entire light housing when the led part fails specially when it cost $350+ USD to get a new one and there is almost no after market option 😔. In the end I had to order a used tail light from a junk yard ($160 USD) and will instal it myself but who knows how long that is gonna last.

I already had to fix the smartkey ($350 USD) and need to change the TPMS sensors (around $400 USD)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts