·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I don't believe mine has acted up sense the replacement

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Good news a new grommet is coming in a few weeks to correct this issue.. the optima sxl is having the same issue they are blaming it on the rubber grommet on the back of the light letting in moisture and causing failures.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hmmm does kia have a recall or anything yet... my dealer said they have 8 complaints now but still trying to find a actual fix....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
well my wife was driving behind me and she said the passenger side rear lower led strip was acting up.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mine worked great for a while but now it's been acting up again.... upper right strip on mine

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do you guys know if the other Kia's have this problem like Optima, Sportage, etc.? It doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence that so many people (so many as in all the people in this thread and not counting the ones who don't know about this forum) with this car. It is really disheartening when you brand spanking new car has this issue. May be we should have spent more money on proven German engineering lol. From my sister's nightare stories, her Jetta has seen the inside of a VW Dealer's garage than it has the roads so I'm just making light of it.

My car is still at the dealer for them trying to figure out what's wrong. Thinking of going to another dealer to see if they can figure it out; may be it's isolated to that one tech.

I also wanted to ask if you guys were given courtesy cars while your car was being worked on. Seems they're putting up a fight/fuss about giving me a rental. I don't think it's right that they're trying to intimidate me I mean I bought a brand new car so I don't have to deal with mechanic issues and you should stand behind the brand you're selling and not give me so much grief about a stupid rental that you're not even paying for (dealer's bottom line). Really frustrating to encounter such underhanded business practices. Like once you've signed on the dotted line, they no longer care to know your name or make conversation because they've got the money already,.

Le sigh..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Well the thing is. Its the low quality led board they are using.

If the taillingt lights up. It has power and ground. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Either there's a bad run of taillights or the moisture issue mentioned before is the cause.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The last part there is the dealer being idiots. Don't put up with that.... my dealer is very good and will set me up with any car on the lot pretty much or they have courtesy cars. Also my salesman is a good friend of mine so I just send him a text anytime I have a question or need to book cars in for service. He books appointment for me. Sets me up with car of choice. Also for lights there's a guy that is a high up manager working on the problem. Making phone calls to kia and speaking with his foreman and they have a few cars on lot with that problem. He said they could change my lights but there's no fix for it. Might work, might not. So I said I'll bring my car in once they find a fix. Also for German engineering, I agree but be prepared to spend more money on the car and on maintenance. Kia gives you value/bang for buck. Overall they are pretty decent cars....

·
Registered
458 Posts
The last part there is the dealer being idiots. Don't put up with that.... my dealer is very good and will set me up with any car on the lot pretty much or they have courtesy cars. Also my salesman is a good friend of mine so I just send him a text anytime I have a question or need to book cars in for service. He books appointment for me. Sets me up with car of choice. Also for lights there's a guy that is a high up manager working on the problem. Making phone calls to kia and speaking with his foreman and they have a few cars on lot with that problem. He said they could change my lights but there's no fix for it. Might work, might not. So I said I'll bring my car in once they find a fix. Also for German engineering, I agree but be prepared to spend more money on the car and on maintenance. Kia gives you value/bang for buck. Overall they are pretty decent cars....
You're lucky then. For everyone else who isn't so fortunate to have an inside man, you're pretty much stuck with dealing with people who want to screw you. Whether it's the dealer's bottom line or Kia's HQ's bottom line; someone has to pay out.

I'm still very pleased with the car but little niggles like this makes me wish perhaps going with a bullet proof car or may be go with low tech like halogen would have been more prudent.

@honhon, I actually brought up this forum and this thread but the guy wouldn't have any of it. Said it's heresy and not reliable. I'm aghast. If they are too stubborn then fuckem.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Try calling kia directly or speak with general manager or someone high up. or better business Bureau, when I bought our first car from kia, the sorento, my friend only worked there 2 weeks. Still learning everything but all pricing went through the sales manager and finance and those guys actually tried to take me for a ride, changed some numbers around and my wife was signing so I never really noticed. But yeah I asked about the rebate and the sales manager said it was already built into the price which was a lie and once I went to finance they added in a lot of hidden fees but we got extras so never notice price difference. Later I was looking over everything at home and I was confused by everything. Trying to keep the story short. My friend said pricing is something he has no control over and when I talk to sales manager and finance manager. They pretty much made me look like an idiot. I looked everything over again and my friend got the general manager to look over the deal and since he was only there 2to3 weeks and has sold over 10 cars. The gm took him seriously, found out the 2500 rebate was not on there and gave me that money back plus 1000 towards their in store purchases card. Which went towards my forte that I went over deal with fine tooth comb. My friend now works for a different sales manager. He told the gm that is not how he does business and he is successful because of repeat customers and referrals. Not stealing people's money. Everything is good now though but yeah don't let them push you around. Some people may not have friends at dealership but that shouldn't matter. Only real help it does me now is I can book stuff through him via text and if I have any issues he will point me in right direction of who to speak too.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I even told my service manager about this thread. He didn't seem to blow me off.

Prob BC he figured I know my stuff by the way I talked to him and probably how stern I was about not putting my car in the lift for their up sell inspection

·
Registered
458 Posts
My car is in the shop/dealer right now because these guys needed to get a part from Korea. Why can't they have available parts in North America? What is wrong with this company that they need to order small parts from the Mother Land? It isn't like it's a rare exotic car and parts are hand made. Step up your game, Kia or I will never buy another car from you guys. I was actually thinking of trading it in for the new Mustang; great performance, great looks, utility isn't much worst and a lot more power.

Or, a used 370Z. Every time I see one, I just get so hard. Too bad about the lack of storage. Can't put shit in that car.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Kia has 10-15 different models of cars, all of which have different trim levels as well, they are suppose to have every single part on the car on hand? Where are you from anyways? Do you get lots of snow? In other thread you were taking about heater taking a long time to warm the car up, but if you get lots of snow, have fun with the mustang or 370z....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Kia has 10-15 different models of cars, all of which have different trim levels as well, they are suppose to have every single part on the car on hand? Where are you from anyways? Do you get lots of snow? In other thread you were taking about heater taking a long time to warm the car up, but if you get lots of snow, have fun with the mustang or 370z....
No
We do not stock every part on hand
To stock every part for every car would be absolutely ridiculous
I shouldn't have to explain why that is just absurd to even suggest
I understand you are upset. But you need to understand that sometimes things like this happen. It happens with EVERY manifacture. So any vehicle you buy there is always a chance of a situation like this. It's quite possible this is a large issue country wide /and the part is on backorder. Therefor this would cause them to order is from Korea. This process usually doesn't have a date stamped on it for obvious reasons. But in my experience can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks depending on the situation.
Either way, I hope you get everything situated and keep the car. I would hate to see you trade out of a vehicle with so much potential.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Exactly. .... actually I spoke with my dealership this week. They said kia Canada said their must of just been a bad batch and they tried new lights on a car there and no issues so they said anytime I want. I just need to go into dealership so they can make a work order to order parts and probably week or two to get in. Then they will install new lights. If I need a car they will set me up with one. If it's nice out I may see if I can test out a optima turbo. If not maybe a sportage turbo just to compare to the sorento....

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
@14forte5 i can understand you being upset but if your really hating the car then trade it. Seems like you dont really like the car anyways. Like i have already said if you knew what my car and i are going through you would be going even more crazy. Lets just say my car is going onto the 4th week on monday at the dealer and i have only owned it for 3 months. So yeah i feel your pain on not having your car. Just seems like every post you have made that i have seen is negative towards the car. I could be wrong since i just skim through the forum right now and if i am wrong then i apologize

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would probably chock this up to the dealership causing the anger.

I went in. Showed them the video on my cell phone of the taillight not working. Told them I checked the connections myself. And about this thread.

5 mins later advisor told me they would call me in a week when the taillight was in. I believe the day they installed it. My visit was 10 minutes.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts