Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested, I came across this video from Tork. I have to say I'm a little put off with the results. It's just too much.

I wouldn't mind downshift pops/bangs or near redline shifting effects, but this is a bit excessive. Can SXTH or anyone who offers it please comment on the modality of the tune; can you dial it back on a customer by customer basis?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
From this what I heard (in the video) it is rpm and time dependent. Hence, I believe the threshold can be moved up and the timing altered so that the pops will not be this long. He said downshifts have very short pop, like 0.75 second, while when taking off the gas - 3 seconds. I bet this is fully adjustable.

What I would love to see/have is the DSG/PDK type upshift farts.
GTis have it, Porsches have it... so why can't we? With tune maybe this could be done.

We will see what TORK say about it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure hope so PLP. The sound I'm after is very close to the European MK2 Focus RS/ST. Very nice subtle 'farting' although I'm not a fan of the DSG farts at all.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
When I say farts, I mean subtle pop, not those loud fireballs that folks get from some straight pipe GTIs. Under normal drive nothing, existent only under WOT.

And I would like to add that I would love to mod the transmission such way that the torque converter lockup clutch engages right away and stays engaged after each shift, except in very low speed 1st gear. This car wastes tons of power in ATF.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Anyone email the tuners to ask? I’m tuned by SXTH. I could ask question if you send me a list.. I’m on revision4 and my cars feeling stronger and stronger each time but I’ve never asked for anything specific to be done like pops and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
No mine is nothing like that, but I’m on stock exhaust and downpipe. I’ll try to get a video up

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's how it sounds tuned by SXTH and from the outside.

Elantra Sport so their engine mapping may be different from ours.

·
Registered
458 Posts
An episode from “that dude in blue” but this guys Elantra is equipped with SXTH product including the tune... and there’s some pops and bags here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=PC5e6yBPSx0

·
Registered
458 Posts
I’ll talk to SXTH and see if he can send me a revision with pops and bangs. If so I’ll make some videos.

**** SXTH got back to me and he’s not able to add pops and bangs to the forte tune****

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's weird. I recall seeing that option in their tuning page. Obviously they do offer the feature as the video I posted says it was tuned by SXTH.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's weird. I recall seeing that option in their tuning page. Obviously they do offer the feature as the video I posted says it was tuned by SXTH.
Yeah I’m not sure, it can obviously be done but maybe he’s yet to do it on a forte..
I’ve never seen this option on his page but I have on other tuner pages.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I’ll talk to SXTH and see if he can send me a revision with pops and bangs. If so I’ll make some videos.

**** SXTH got back to me and he’s not able to add pops and bangs to the forte tune****

It was definitely there as I even talked to him about the pops and was advised against due to the fact the sound would be minimal and not really present in AT. That was rather MT option.
So something is weird there...

Reactions: bryanwolfe5

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hit the rev limiter again this morning and with my new dash camera, it caught it pretty good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts