Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

Pictures of your boost gauges

8K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul@K5OptimaStore 
#1 ·
Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Vehicle Trip computer

Boost gauge installed!

It's a glow shift brand that was here in the garage out of my totaled focus st, but it works perfectly with the 6th EE vacuum block! I highly recommend this item for the install! I ran a mini fuse tap off the ignition fuse, a mini fuse tap off the horn fuse, and there is a perfect ground for a 12mm bolt just on the inside of the kick plate next to the hood latch already threaded!

What is max boost everyone is seeing? My max is 15 psi with just a 6th EE intake

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes it counts! I used sct obd2 programming on the ST and had a mechanical boost gauge as well so it definitely counts, curious I have never seen 18 psi maybe the temperature here in va? Or maybe the gauge is reading a little low because it does read high on the vacuum end at idle usually all my turbo cars sat at around -15 to -21 at idle

#6 ·
Here is mine.

I just changed plugs back to stock (Autolite XP 5702 failed...) and re-gaped to 0.51 mm. It pulls much stronger now.

As for vacuum, it will sit at -20, but this will change with load, while when coasting -23 to -21 (vacuum is in inches of Mercury, in Hg).
Boost - in normal driving it hits about 14 - 15 PSI. The max pressure I reach at higher RPM, what worries me. I think it should pushed higher pressure pressure at low RPM as well. Low means 2500 rpm. At about 4500 or so pressure easily reaches 18 PSI with a few hits, I am not sure why, 20 PSI.
All stock. Nothing changed in powertrain.
Stick shift.

The boost gauge was calibrated by me in laboratory. Same for oil pressure...
It is at idle, no load to engine.

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Tachometer

The one on the left is Oil Pressure (electric).
Since I could not fit two mounts, I had to improvise with zip ties for now.

Reactions: CrazyFritter
#9 ·
What units are those?
Is it PSI by a chance? If it is, than it is OK.

-11 PSI is about -22 in Hg, -9 PSI is -18 in Hg.... that's exactly what I see.
OBD might be set up to display PSI only. When selected as Boost gauge, it should by default switch from PSI to "in Hg" for vacuum and PSI for boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.