Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First new car , first turbo engine for me. It is 2016 SX 6MT Forte5 gray metallic.
It is 2016 but only has 32miles on it and it is considered new, as im getting full warranty as a first owner.
I will be picking it up in Oklahoma and driving it back to New York which is going to be fun.
i will be looking to change the oil somewhere after 500miles

Im new to Kia im open to suggestions or tips, i would like to tune the car at some point, wheens and sticky rubber for spring to enhance handling

just saying hello - my first post here

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome.
You could wait on the oil change until you arrive at your destination. 1K plus is going to be OK. JMO
Just make sure you use an OEM oil filter plus synthetic oil 5-30W.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
yes, I would change it sooner than later as it must have been sitting for over 2 years.

I am surprised you still found 2016 brand new on a lot. I bet it was a good deal.
Welcome.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The 1.6T is a fun little power plant, plenty of zip to get you into trouble :)
Welcome in! There are a few cheap mods that can give you a little more horsepower and then you can start dropping as much $$$ as you like.
I'm with PLP, how the $%^& did you find a NEW 2016 with only 32 miles on it? I am guessing the MT ruled out plenty of potential owners that cannot drive stick! When we looked for a Soul for my wife the local dealer had an AMAZING deal for $10K (2017) but they 'neglected' to put MT in the ad! :(
Have fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
First new car , first turbo engine for me. It is 2016 SX 6MT Forte5 gray metallic.
It is 2016 but only has 32miles on it and it is considered new, as im getting full warranty as a first owner.
I will be picking it up in Oklahoma and driving it back to New York which is going to be fun.
i will be looking to change the oil somewhere after 500miles

Im new to Kia im open to suggestions or tips, i would like to tune the car at some point, wheens and sticky rubber for spring to enhance handling

just saying hello - my first post here
Welcome to KIA MT. I have the 2017 Forte5, 1600cc MT. I found the heated and air conditioned seats are WONDERFUL ! Forte finally received second oil change at 10k miles. User manual recommends oil & filter @ 6,500. I schedule them at 5,000 mile intervals. Only accessory from dealer was a full size wheel and spare. At every 5K I have 5-tire rotation. Wheel well is sufficiently large for full size wheel & tire.

When you are ready for toys or ornamental extras, look to www.wish.con/geek for inexpensive additions. I replaced almost every incandescent lamp with an LED equivalent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Forte finally received second oil change at 10k miles. User manual recommends oil & filter @ 6,500.
Man, I am not sure where you found 6.5k miles intervals.. but 2014-2016 models call for 3k or 5k miles oil changes for 1.6T-GDI.
The NA GDI has longer intervals, though.

By 10k miles I was on the 3rd oil change...

The 1.6T is a fun little power plant, plenty of zip to get you into trouble :)
Welcome in! There are a few cheap mods that can give you a little more horsepower and then you can start dropping as much $$$ as you like.
I honestly would go for tune without putting any moeny into mods.
For a comparison - (I follow VW closely - still thinking of GTI and DSG) - VW for their 2.0 T has many tunes. A few of them call for "stock" tune, meaning premium fuel, maybe better spark plugs, and that's it.

From my experience - HKS 45 and KN drop in with "stage 1" tune. With short arm intake was only louder. With stock airbox and KN drop in - puts smile in each gear.
And it is only a matter of time for being caught :) - speaking of trouble.
So basically - got tune for intake and was planning on doing FMIC, but then reverted to stock - and basically no change. Maybe top end is a tad weaker, but hard to say. Still - chirp in 2nd or even 3rd gear (if any uneven surface).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts