Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2015 Forte5 SX w/o packages at a KIA dealer down toward Columbus, Byers.

I've seen similarly-equipped 2016s for similar asking prices. Here is the deal the guy proposed:

2015 Kia Forte 5 SX

MSRP $23,610

Sale Price $18,800

Trade $10,000 (he said he could get a little more out of it once he sees it) 2015 Soul+ 20K w/UVO, BUC, remote start.

Difference OTD $9974.63

I told him I've seen a few '16s for that price. I said I'd be insane to go in the hole 10 grand on a two-model-year-old car. He said where do you see '16s for that price? I haven't answered that email yet. In my experience the civilian search engines such as Autotrader, CarGurus, Cars.com, etc. are far more effective than the KIA official site at ferreting out rare cars. That was my experience with GM some years back. I couldn't believe how ineffective their search was.

I said a four grand difference is about all I could tolerate.

If the salesman had ANY moxie, and perhaps he is at the end of his bargaining string, I'd think he'd have tried to meet me in the middle, with a ballpark seven grand difference.

I told him he has two 2015 F5 SXs that've been on the lot for almost a year. Here's ONE chance to move one of them. But perhaps letting stock sit for additional months is more in their plan.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am a sales person, now with that said I'm always more likely to negotiate in person. Actually I never handle numbers over the phone or email. so with that said I believe 18,800 is a great price however when we are talking your trade 10k is where I would want to be when buying it but I think you could squeeze 2k more for it. but that would be if your sitting in front of me on approved credit you have your self a car deal.

Aged unit needs to move. they will loose money on it, who cares it needs to go I have one 15 optima left and my boss is almost willing to do anything to move it. the banks are no longer financing 15 optima's anyways as new cars so no more kia finance or holidays sales event. so beat em up on your trade you'll come out ok but I personally don't think you can come 4k difference.

My personal thoughts only. check to see if the forte qualifies for something like the holiday sale or larger rebate. they have special money to put towards old aged units. (not rebates from kia) but regardless of where you are the best deal will be presented to you when you are sitting across the sales person.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I paid $17,900 for my manual '15 SX last year. No trade, straight sale. Should definitely be able to get a better deal given that it's 2 model years old now that has just sat on their lot. Or are you looking at an auto? Which would make it comparable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a sales person, now with that said I'm always more likely to negotiate in person. Actually I never handle numbers over the phone or email. so with that said I believe 18,800 is a great price however when we are talking your trade 10k is where I would want to be when buying it but I think you could squeeze 2k more for it. but that would be if your sitting in front of me on approved credit you have your self a car deal.

Aged unit needs to move. they will loose money on it, who cares it needs to go I have one 15 optima left and my boss is almost willing to do anything to move it. the banks are no longer financing 15 optima's anyways as new cars so no more kia finance or holidays sales event. so beat em up on your trade you'll come out ok but I personally don't think you can come 4k difference.

My personal thoughts only. check to see if the forte qualifies for something like the holiday sale or larger rebate. they have special money to put towards old aged units. (not rebates from kia) but regardless of where you are the best deal will be presented to you when you are sitting across the sales person.
Thanks for your experience, Crazy. The $18,800 price was on the net at Autotrader or CarGurus.

I've done long-distance deals before, the longest from St. Louis-Little Rock to get a rare TDi Golf back in '99. I told the sales guy about my trade, it was a year-old Concorde, he was straight with me, I was straight with him. I drove there, we checked the others' cars out and signed the deal. I was home before dark.

Unfortunately anybody with an F5 SX is 100 or more miles away, so I need to hear some encouraging words before I invest three or four hours.

As I said, I expected/hoped he'd come back with a "split the difference" offer. He said there's no money of any sort on the 15s so it's a deal with the deal sort of deal.

If the dealer would pop 12 Gs for my Soul that would be great. I can probably get 12 or more for my Soul at eBay. At $18,000 - $10,000 the sales tax at 7.5% is about 600 bucks.

But again numbers are numbers, it's the difference that counts. $18,000 - $12,000 = $6000 which would probably work OK for me. They get a clean trade, I help them unload their dead wood.

I paid $17,900 for my manual '15 SX last year. No trade, straight sale. Should definitely be able to get a better deal given that it's 2 model years old now that has just sat on their lot. Or are you looking at an auto? Which would make it comparable.
I'm looking for an auto. I'm still thinking I should find a 1.6t with the 7 DCT to drive, to see how I like that, since the 2017s will have the DCT.

Decisions decisions!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Exactly. Veloster is same thing as F5 SX with DCT.

Now, 18.8k is a good deal.
I cannot get anything lower than 22.5 for loaded one. I was looking on Buyers as well, but I want heated seats. I love it too much.

Is it two years old? Nope, not really. It is still new to you, it is still covered by regular warranty.
Can you get 16 for it? Rather not. At least 1k more.

Today I got an offer for my 12.3 for the trade, while 2016 F5 with package for 26 (-2.5 KIA rebate), so before taxes and other stuff I would be looking at 11.2k plus taxes and stuff making it more or less 13k OTD. Too much. I would settle for 7, or 6 the best.

Ask dealers around what they would take for your trade. And see if they like your car. I got a while ago offer for my trade regardless if I buy or not. Hence, confirm pricing with Buyers without the trade and go from there. Of course it would be nicer to get it to trade there as you would save of TAX.

Just my 2 cents...

did you see this one?
http://www.libertyvillekia.com/new-Waukegan-2016-Kia-Forte+5+Door-SX-KNAFZ5A34G5634377

Reactions: Neanderthal
1 - 6 of 6 Posts