Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my Koup comes up to operating temperature in less than 5 minutes--is this normal? Just got it last Saturday, and it's been mid to high 20's (Celsius) ever since. At night it's in an underground that seems to hover around 18-20 degrees.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've noticed that my Koup comes up to operating temperature in less than 5 minutes--is this normal? Just got it last Saturday, and it's been mid to high 20's (Celsius) ever since. At night it's in an underground that seems to hover around 18-20 degrees.
idk the conversion for celsius temps but our cars are fairly new so i'm sure you're ok. my car is 100% different from when i bought it and i worry about every little thing. but i know my car is only a couple years old and i shouldn't be worrying about stuff like this. give it a nice load of heavy throttle and everything will be alright.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
even though its not boosting... you do have a turbo heating the oil up also... and typically the computer will adjust a/f ratio to get heat quicker to get the cat working more efficiently quicker

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I am not sure what is your question here... Is it too long or too short?
Operating temp is 82 C. It is time when thermostat starts opening. It varies as closing temp is about 78 C... so on winter time you can actually drop to 70 C when coasting with heat on.

Mine, at +20 C gets to operating temperature within 6 minutes what is roughly 3 miles (5 km) driving distance at average 40 MPH (60 km/h)

Look here to get more info.
http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/9-k...stat-issues-cooling-system-specification.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure what is your question here... Is it too long or too short?
Operating temp is 82 C. It is time when thermostat starts opening. It varies as closing temp is about 78 C... so on winter time you can actually drop to 70 C when coasting with heat on.

Mine, at +20 C gets to operating temperature within 6 minutes what is roughly 3 miles (5 km) driving distance at average 40 MPH (60 km/h)

Look here to get more info.
http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/9-k...stat-issues-cooling-system-specification.html
Thanks--Coming from a 12 yr old Neon, and a Wrangler, it's just a lot quicker than what I'm used to. Gave me a bit of a surprise!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
From what I have seen, these newer cars seem to get up to running temp very quickly, Nothing to be concerned about, So long as it stays within operational temperatures you are fine. If it exceeds the operational temperatures or doesnt get up to operational temp at all, that is generally when you have an issue!
Gina

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
From what I have seen, these newer cars seem to get up to running temp very quickly,
Thanks--Coming from a 12 yr old Neon, and a Wrangler, it's just a lot quicker than what I'm used to. Gave me a bit of a surprise!
I would not agree.

I had 1997 Plymouth Neon. It had 2.0 DOHC engine (most had SOHC). It was warm almost in matter of seconds. No, kidding, not so fast, but it was way faster than any car I currently have. Same was about a car with 1.1 VW Polo engine. After roughly 2 miles of driving at about 30 MPH speed it was at operating temperature.

Even 2007 KIA Rondo that is wife's car gets hot faster. It is 2.7 V6.
Slightly slower was 2009 2.0 Elantra that was replaced with Forte5.
Based on my daily commute I must say it takes more time to reach operating temperature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts