Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one post that plagues Facebook and the forte forum to the point you want to throw up.
First gen SX faster than s 2nd gen SX . Where I live none dare want to go against me or the veloster turbos . But on those two venues all you here is some guy bragging he ate one . I once got a 5 door SX to race me and I was gone !! Stock against stock and I had him by 5 cars . Now they say they have tunes and bolt ons and are faster . But spending the same money with the same boltons I'd say we are scary fast !! Well rant over . Soo tired of hearing 1st gen koups shitting on us !! The worst is the tuners that support them are fanboys of the first gens and I've contacted almost all of them for parts and all said they see no market for the SX turbos . Thank god for the tuners we have that support us !

·
Registered
524 Posts
They hate us cuz they ain't us. But yeah a lot of their "win" stories are completely bogus unless maybe the other guy didn't even know he was in a race heh.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I have ran a 1st gen Koup with the 2.4 and he had exhaust and intake and I pulled hard on him on the fwy. They will claim it to try and say they are the best because they are hating we are turbo stock and a smaller motor and are faster. They only have 174hp and 168tq so not that impressive. When I drove one when they first came out I was super disappointed in the power of it and even my wife ragged on it.

Only way they can pull on us is if they are turbo. They put down some really good numbers but I would hope so for a 2.4L motor lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had a 2012 forte5 6speed, 2.4L AND it's got nothing on ours. Not even close!

Reactions: Caezar and Forte5

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ya it was terrible! No balls what so ever.

·
Registered
981 Posts
It's just jealousy lol I have raced 4 different Gen1 models at the track and they are always far enough back I used the rear view to see them. The same weight car with 60 whp less is not going to be faster. Now if they have a turbo on the 2.4 then it is possible but the NA 2.4 isn't going to compete (maybe fully modded vs stock 1.6).

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love how they say we only make 201hp add an intake and upgrade FMIC 199-201 whp . DP and tune 249 whp . Stuffed turbo. 280whp . Now 845 has 3 big turbo kits and BTR has full internals . 6th had the fuel pump and soon someon will get larger injectors plus we have meth kits . I can't wait to see what happens in 2016 !! Unfortunately one of the cars that I was following has gotten blessed with a new little one lol . But the car is up for sale and man is it worked !

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
We have had internals and meth kits for a long time. Tork offered them up first I think for the internals and he has the fuel line and the pump before our cars came out. It's all the same as the VT.

I would like to find one of these guys that is talking crap about our cars out here in socal and show him that our car is no joke lol. The guy I did run gave me massive props and even said my car was quick as hell and he didn't think it was lol

Reactions: Caezar

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Oh they talk bad about the VTs too saying they run in the 16s and leave them in the dust.
Where are they talking all this smack at? I don't have Facebook so I don't see on there lol I really want to meet up with one of these fools. I hate when others think our cars are slow or aren't that great. Aren't we all Kia's and supposed to support each other?

Next they will say they outrun a genesis or a Evo lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Oh I have heard about that group. They ban you if you say one thing wrong or go against one of them that thinks they know it all.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The worst one is s guy named Anthony . He has a large following . There are a lot of gen 2 guys on there since we have no gen two group of our own ( been thinking of starting one )so that's why I'm still on the group , but I literally had to block him and his cronies because every time I posted one of them would pop up and talk a ton of smack and start shit . 3 of them are admins . They all were kicked off of the KATA group because they cause a lot of trouble . I'm surprised the prez of street kiaz let him back in the group since he bashes the shit out of the club . He also does no longer own a forte and has a Miata praising it as the best car on earth :/ .

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I think that's funny that even the admins are bashing us. Don't see why they have a need to do that since we are all supposed to be on the same team. Do they have any dynos posted with them fully bolted and tuned?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some do but they have not posted for a while . Also they brag but all have blown motors as we will do as time his on so the motor is not bullet proof . They could provide some insight but they do not know what goes on in our cars . Only VT owners have some insight . Yet I'm finding for some reason our cars are like a different branch on the tree and react a little different . Maybe because they placed the newer tunes and fixes that failed in the 184hp vt ? I was told that a tuner compared ECM maps and found ours to be the same as the R type ? Yet VT's have different tunes associated to model . That all goes out the window though when it's re written lol . But I see if we had a stand alone group it would be amazing !!! Tips , graphs , maps , videos times ext... Ext.... I owned an ex f5 2014 . Boring in comparison to the SX . Since I've owned my car I've been hungry for info , parts and feedback lol . I don't want the fastest , coolest or most powerful . I want a well balanced driver that makes me happy and the fact I can tune this car as I please makes it the perfect gt !

Reactions: CrypTech

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Yeah our ECU is a dumbed down version of the R spec. When John used my ECU for a prototype and to see what differences there is he found out really quick lol.

Funny how the ones that are bragging are the ones that blew the motors. Probably don't know how to shift properly or have shitty tunes lol. I would like to talk with one of these dudes to see why they think they are faster and better. Would be a interesting chat lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
If we are stock and they have full bolts on's, it's a race.

Forget about it beyond that... there isn't a non turboed gen 1 that could touch me taking a nap.

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was banned from fortefied for saying a gen 1's exhaust video sounded like a riced out honda. It totally did.. Also, I run 14's in the 1/4 mile, and have slips to prove it. If anyone from any of the FB groups or whatever wants to talk smack, just link them to the post I made in the street racing thread.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just cracked the fuck up!! One of us went on there saying the blew by a sedan leaving it in the dust basically . Then a shit load of first gens finally chimed in . There was talk of the car not being faster than 15.8 in the quarter mile . The 2nd gen SX owner said yes there are faster 2nd gens running 14's . The first thing this douche does after that comment is summon Anthomy Cunty ha ha ha !!! I fell over laughing !!!!! How the hell is this one idiot that did not even build his own car but paid to have it build have the [email protected]&kin right to judge and confirm what one car does or does not do !?!? FYI . I just posted a while ago about two 2nd gens one stock and one mildly modded running under 15's . Good god get us our own group on there please lol .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts