Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to install vacuum block, I realised the MAP sensor is very oily. I check (finger check) the plenum and sure enough covered with oil.

Oil catch can was installed yesterday...

So a question. Shall I clean it somehow or do not care and let it dry out? Or rinse with petrol or some other chemical to burn in cylinder?

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would clean it with a product called CRC Mas Air Flow Sensor cleaner. I have used CRC products for many years very good line. JMO
You can buy a can at Walmart or an auto parts store.

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Don't spray anything in the intake while it is bolted to the engine, there is a low spot after the throttlebody that will collect everything and is near impossible to get out unless you remove it. As for cleaning the sensor itself ^^^ works just fine.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
402 Posts
Don't spray anything in the intake while it is bolted to the engine, there is a low spot after the throttlebody that will collect everything and is near impossible to get out unless you remove it. As for cleaning the sensor itself ^^^ works just fine.
Thanks I forgot to say that, I just assumed everyone knew that sorry.

Reactions: Playwithmymind

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for responses.
What I meant by spraying was not to flood the plenum with liquid, but rather using intake valve cleaners, such some say SeaFoam or other great products that when sprayed into TB will disperse and pickup some of the oil.
Or to remove the plenum and wash it.

Basically, it comes down to a question - is it worth it?

MAP was cleaned and it works fine (despite initially being covered with oil).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts