Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm a noob to Kias and I'm about to lease a Forte5 as a daily. Anyone here know the lease numbers (MF and Residuals) on the 2017 Forte5 SX 6MT?

I just love hatches and my current car, 2016 Golf R, can't be driven daily now as I've modded it pretty much to make it an annoying (downpipe drone factory) daily driver. Previous cars were MZ3 MS3 WRX GTI and STI.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome! I'm still pretty new to Kia myself, you will find lots of the members here very knowledgable to answer your questions. If you haven't already take a look around lots of info., pics, projects up to view. Where are you from?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm a noob to Kias and I'm about to lease a Forte5 as a daily. Anyone here know the lease numbers (MF and Residuals) on the 2017 Forte5 SX 6MT?

I just love hatches and my current car, 2016 Golf R, can't be driven daily now as I've modded it pretty much to make it an annoying (downpipe drone factory) daily driver. Previous cars were MZ3 MS3 WRX GTI and STI.
Are you sure you want stick?
Is your R a stick?
I would love to get R... snow and AWD and this power.

I am not sure how good KIA DCT is, though, but I personally was not happy with the stick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, my R is a stick. And it's getting to point of modifications that I now need a daily.

For over 20 years of driving, I've only owned an auto once and I never want to go back to it. From what I've been reading too, H/K's DCT is not really good so I'm staying away from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! I'm still pretty new to Kia myself, you will find lots of the members here very knowledgable to answer your questions. If you haven't already take a look around lots of info., pics, projects up to view. Where are you from?
Yeah, so far a lot of my technical questions have been answered but still looking for lease numbers on a Kia and it's so hard to find the actual MF and residual values. Tried KBB but they don't have any info on it.

By the way, I'm from N NJ.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Given how fast these cars depreciate I can't imagine they make very good lease deals.

People are finding deals on a new 16 SX manual under $16k. Given the relatively minor updates for 17 it's worth trying to track down one of those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's why Kia is giving lease deals because they depreciate fast. I was given numbers around 220/mo which is really good for a fast depreciating car.

OTOH, a similarly-equipped Honda Civic will cost you over 250-300 to lease.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hmm yeah just going off the public offers they're pretty similar with Kia wanting more down payment.
Civic LX $179/36mo/$1,999 down
Forte LX $149/39mo/$2,499 down

But ideally you want to negotiate a lease with no down payment at all anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly. Those numbers are similar when it all comes down to it. On an Civic EX hatch though , which is priced around the same as the Forte5 SX, the Honda is about 20-30 more expensive per month depending in dealer your dealing with, no manual on Honda's higher trims though.

I'm paying 1k which is not bad. With 0 down then it'll go up over 245.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts