Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, is anyone running any nitrous?
Or considered it?
I know our internals may be questionable so a large shot would probably not be advisable.
A small shot could be interesting though.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
meh........

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
Nitro?
Well, this 1.6 is already stressed out with 200 HP (on paper). We squeeze out another 20-50, maybe a bit more. Adding nitro would... blow motor? If the engine is not prepared I am afraid it will not last long.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you have a pre 2015 engine you might want to reconsider how much modding you do if you don't want to get into doing internals. After the upgraded internals were added to the 2015+ engines (and I'm sure the new calibration file in the ECU helps) I would only see one problem running NOS, the ECU will still have the factory limits and will just shut it down anyway. Upgrade the internals including sleeve kits (they are available now), use studs everywhere possible, then tune the car to accept NOS just like they do for meth and you will have a 500 hp monster that will break everything that is bolted to the crankshaft. But OH how fun it is lol

Reactions: 2014:1.6lT
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.