Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2015 Forte5 SX automatic in Aurora Black. It was a leased vehicle with 67,000 KM on it. The interior is in mint condition and the exterior looks good with the exception of the wheels. Whoever owned this before sure doesn't know how to park - all 4 wheels have curb rash around the entire wheel. I'll need to decide if I want to spend the money to get them refinished.

Car seems quite nice so far. Decent power but the main reason I got it was to accommodate a rear facing car seat and stroller for our first child arriving in a couple months. Rear seat room and the cargo area is substantially larger than the Toyota Yaris we traded in.

Not sure if I'll be modding this car at all as I also have a 1991 Mazda Miata for summer fun. Don't want it to be too loud either.

Anyways, look forward to learning about the Forte5 and checking out member builds.

Rob

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
That's a quite change - Yaris to 5SX.
It will NOT give you near the fuel economy, but the gas pedal will put smile on your face...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Yaris was actually my wife's car, I came from a Prius C (99 hp) which is now her car. The Prius C is even slower than the Yaris but the fuel economy is fantastic. Even in the winter I rarely get less than 4.7l/100km (50 MPG) in 75% city driving.

The Forte5 is much MUCH faster than both of those which helps make up for the loss in fuel efficiency!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts