Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site. Some pretty cool stuff going on with these cars. I work at a Kia dealer as a technician apprentice- nice to get the factory training. But working for Kia isn't all that great(as a tech)- horrible support material. Dealing with "head office" is like pulling teeth. They make a great product though. I've been with the company for 5 years and its outstanding how far their vehicles have come in even that short of time.

Found this searching for some tuning options on the car. Looking to get 250HP at the wheels out of this thing safely with out major modifications.

2015-03-12 19.04.49.jpg

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Any questions just ask!!
Enjoy the new car!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you, although the car is still new to me I actually purchased it in Nov/14. Just rolled 5000km. The only problems I have had with the car was a malfunctioning RCV and was getting tip out surge/loosing boost intermittently. I traced the problem to a poorly assembled electrical connector. I also had to replace both tail lamps within a couple weeks of each other. At the time there wasn't any diagnostic info on these lights- Kia Canada just told us to replace them.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yup that has been quite a common issue for koups.. But per my research it seems to
Be location based.
My dealer has yet to see this issue
Glad you got everything worked out!!

As far as diag.. Heh. There is not diag for a lot of things in the shop manual. Trust me I know first hand and it sucks. Quite honestly it just makes me a better tech. Electrical diag had always been my strength

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Hope you like the new set of wheels! Speaking of wheels what are those you have? They look MAADDD! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Josh, thank you for the compliment. Honestly these wheels really make this car look nasty! its hard to capture the look they give the car with a camera. I have been waiting months to install them as I run high performance winter tires on the factory wheels.

I purchased these wheels through Kia Canada as part of their alloy wheel program-as an employee I got a good rate. I'm not sure if they have this same program in the US? They are made by a company called FAST Wheels specifically for Kia. No hub centric rings are needed because of this. They are much lighter than the factory wheels that came with the car, which was noted in ride quality after installation.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
To get 250hp it won't take much. Get a intake, downpipe, exhaust, and tune and you will be damn close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of exhaust options are there right now? Any off the shelf bolt on systems or still custom at this point?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Still custom at this point. Which custom exhaust in the long run for doing mods is better. For the same price you will pay for the axle back you can have the whole thing made the way you want out of stainless.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What kind of exhaust options are there right now? Any off the shelf bolt on systems or still custom at this point?
No off the shelf options at this time. Honestly it will stay like that for quite a while. This platform has not made it mark yet. Just as the Veloster, it took a few years for the modding scene to really hit hard and big companies jumping in to make bolt on options.
IMO there is nothing better than a custom setup. But the ease of buying something and slapping it on "bolt on" definitely trumps the custom route.
I have a custom exhaust on my Forte and it will be available for purchase very soon. I have been very busy with my build its running into the projects i have been trying to complete for the sake of this forum/Forte owners.

To get 250hp it won't take much. Get a intake, downpipe, exhaust, and tune and you will be damn close.
If you want to hit 250 efficiently i would highly consider going fully bolted. everything in the above list mentioned but with the addition of a FMIC. IMO without that your wasting your money.

Still custom at this point. Which custom exhaust in the long run for doing mods is better. For the same price you will pay for the axle back you can have the whole thing made the way you want out of stainless.
Agreed

·
Registered
981 Posts
Which connector did you find the problem in? I have recently started getting a random CEL for the RCV (which is now BOV).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts