Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So i just bought a 2017 kia forte5 sx t and i love it. Ive never been in a car group forum before but am interested in what modifications you have done to yours? I was thinking CAI first but wasnt sure if there was a better brand than others. Any advice would be awesome! Looking forward to seeing your posts. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Nice colour.
What is your location?
Is it MT or AT, or rather DCT...?

As for CAI - have you ever had turbo'ed engine car? If not, CAI is not the same sound on them as NA engine.
Just letting you know. A few guys here, well, including I, were not so happy with the sound.
So if you are not familiar - simply pull the airbox cover for a few moments. Start the car, take it for a spin for 100 meters and you will hear.

And if you are happy - 6th has nice ones, Optima store, also Tork makes them. Just depending what are your next steps. Look into vendors stores.

https://www.forteturbo.org/forum/7-vendors

You can go short intake, shield it, or full length. But then, if you are doing FMIC at some point, you might benefit more from short one. No OEM intercooler in the front of the filter - colder air.

However, I find that the best (at least for my taste) would be getting FMIC and doing only K&N drop in. I did KN and it adds some sound, but mainly allows better flow.

My next project, probably next summer, would be FMIC plus AT cooler (in place of OEM intercooler).
Overall, the temperature of intake is dictated by intercooler, not really the intake. Yes, it helps, but turbo will heat up the air to over 100 deg C under WOT.

Maybe too much info for the first welcome post, but heck - it is what it is.

So have fun.

M

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome. Post some pics of your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts