Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my 2013 optima was totaled I picked up this 2016 Forte SX. Figured I loved my optima so much I might as well go with Kia again. Added tint, roof rack, 10 inch sub and amp install, and sunroof wind deflector. I'm thinking of getting a 6th Element CAI but am undecided due to it being an everyday driver. Absolutely loving it so far!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Welcome on board.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice. I have that same car/color. I have the 6th Cai. Perhaps I could get some video if you are undecided. Are you auto or manual?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
Share stereo set up

Post a few photos of your stereo install and set up. Would love to see the photos. Feel free to post some audio/video on YouTube - love to hear it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice. I have that same car/color. I have the 6th Cai. Perhaps I could get some video if you are undecided. Are you auto or manual?

Awesome! Still undecided on the CAI over here. I'm just a regular dude cruising to work in the morning. Definitely don't need it, but I want that sweeet sweet sound! It is a manual, hadn't driven stick forever but just went for it. How difficult would the intake install be for a mechanically inclined car noob?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Awesome! Still undecided on the CAI over here. I'm just a regular dude cruising to work in the morning. Definitely don't need it, but I want that sweeet sweet sound! It is a manual, hadn't driven stick forever but just went for it. How difficult would the intake install be for a mechanically inclined car noob?
Very simple install. I'd say, maybe 30 minutes, tops.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I"m dropping my KOUP off at Best Buy for some Kenwood speakers and a Kenwood amp install - I'll post up something when the install is done. All in the rear side panels of course.
I hope they do good job.
Report on their quality.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I hope they do good job.
Report on their quality.
Best Buy is HALF the price of most installers around here. I was receiving quotes for $400 - $500 for RockFord fosgate installed and $400+ for Kenwood, Kicker, Clarion, Sony.
Audio Express told me they were a "high end shop" when I told the dude the equipment was for a KIA so I left.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Audio Express told me they were a "high end shop" when I told the dude the equipment was for a KIA so I left.
Moron...

I know they are inexpensive and I am not implying that they will not deliver, but I know that everyone can mess it up. I hope for you they know their stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Post a few photos of your stereo install and set up. Would love to see the photos. Feel free to post some audio/video on YouTube - love to hear it.
Snapped a few pics of the install. If you'd like anything specific and up close just ask. I have JBL GTO 609C components in the front and JBL GTO 629 coaxials in the rear. Alpine MRP m500 amp running a Rockford Fosgate Punch sub. Amp is mounted on rear left seat and seat can still be folded. Still leaves room for my golf clubs on the other side. Loud and punches, glad I didn't go with 2 ten or twelve inch subs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you are worried about the CAI, just get the Short Ram version. Temps are not an issue at all with your intercooler and you'll still get the power :)

Welcome!
Thanks for the info! I'm just going to man up and get the CAI. If it's too loud I'll just turn my music up! Im also looking at shifter bushings. I can't figure out how to get past the air ducts in the center console. Took a peek the other day and couldn't completely remove them. Thanks again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts