Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Bought my silver F5 SX Auto a few weeks ago and am loving it. At $18500, my car came with zero options, not when floor mats, so I bought some Kia accessories online and installed them: carpet mats, cargo tray, hood protector film, rear bumper protector, wheel locks, home link mirror. The accessories came to about $500.

We had 2 dealers within a reasonable distance. One had a bunch of LX F5s, and the other had 6 SXs, with 4 being manuals and 2 autos. I drove the manual first, and felt that the clutch feel and shifter were about average. However the Auto is very good and the shifts are smooth under light acceleration while crisp under hard acceleration. I heard the SX will change to a dual clutch for 2017. I hope Kia gets it right, because many other manufacturers have struggled with the DCT.

I already own a 2012 Sorento so I am familiar with Kia. I have had several issues with the Sorento, but they were easily fixed under warranty. I have driven some competitors to the Sorento and they did not come close. The car I traded in was a 2013 Ford Focus 2.0 non-turbo manual trans, which had an oil leak from the engine rear main seal and the dealer was unable to fix it even after replacing the seal. The Focus also has a problem with the engine stumbling in very hot weather.

The F5 SX is just so much more comfortable, much faster, and overall a much nicer car. I am very happy to own my second Kia!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Welcome on board.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Hi everyone. Bought my silver F5 SX Auto a few weeks ago and am loving it. At $18500, my car came with zero options, not when floor mats, so I bought some Kia accessories online and installed them: carpet mats, cargo tray, hood protector film, rear bumper protector, wheel locks, home link mirror. The accessories came to about $500.

We had 2 dealers within a reasonable distance. One had a bunch of LX F5s, and the other had 6 SXs, with 4 being manuals and 2 autos. I drove the manual first, and felt that the clutch feel and shifter were about average. However the Auto is very good and the shifts are smooth under light acceleration while crisp under hard acceleration. I heard the SX will change to a dual clutch for 2017. I hope Kia gets it right, because many other manufacturers have struggled with the DCT.

I already own a 2012 Sorento so I am familiar with Kia. I have had several issues with the Sorento, but they were easily fixed under warranty. I have driven some competitors to the Sorento and they did not come close. The car I traded in was a 2013 Ford Focus 2.0 non-turbo manual trans, which had an oil leak from the engine rear main seal and the dealer was unable to fix it even after replacing the seal. The Focus also has a problem with the engine stumbling in very hot weather.

The F5 SX is just so much more comfortable, much faster, and overall a much nicer car. I am very happy to own my second Kia!
Welcome! That's crazy a dealer had 6 sx's!! I had to drive 30 miles to find one lol

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's interesting about the focus. I almost got one.

And 30 miles is nothing. I had 5 within 100 miles of me.
1 was about 20 miles away at a really sleazy dealer group. I got min about 65 miles from home. So needless to say, I did not end up using my free first oil change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts