Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing is reading correctly and everything is in way over its specs . Says I'm boosting 30 psi and vac at -49 . I'm like wtf ?!?!? Tips on setting it up much appreciated thanks !

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have a tablet that has readings that are way off but then everything is normal on both phones. What version of android software are you using?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Tablet that doesn't work has 4.2.0 and the S4 with 4.4.4 on works fine and the S5 with 5.1.1 works fine. There is no update for my tablet so I am thinking of unlocking it and doing a custom rom and run A5.2

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4.4 kit kat

Obdlink works fine
Still did not get the full dash Comand
I tried using manifold pressure but it's off by 5 psi
Then I loaded the k5 turbo PID and its way off on the boost
I'm wondering if I should get advanced hyuandai and run the VT PID that is available but is not available on the advanced Kia :(

·
Registered
981 Posts
4.4 kit kat

Obdlink works fine
Still did not get the full dash Comand
I tried using manifold pressure but it's off by 5 psi
Then I loaded the k5 turbo PID and its way off on the boost
I'm wondering if I should get advanced hyuandai and run the VT PID that is available but is not available on the advanced Kia :(
Did you try the TD-B Gamma? Then go in setting to the "Manage Extra PIDs" then hit menu and select "Add predefined set" and select the Forte/Cerato (TD-B Gamma) from the list then exit and quit Torque and reopen. Careful using the wrong PIDs since they are commands and the wrong command can cause damage to the ECU. TD-A Gamma was the set causing the c1555 code in the ecu on mine and hasn't came back since I switched to TD-B

·
Registered
981 Posts
Also there are PIDs listed like all the O2 sensors and a few others we just don't have in this car and there is a section in settings that will remove the unused PIDs once communication with the car is established.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So will removing the unused PID help the tablet read faster ? I'm thinkin in my head like when you have a thousand apps open on your phone trying to all work at the same time being like the tablet and app trying to pull too much info from the dongle flooding it and causing poor response times . I'll try turning off all the pid's not used and ones I don't plan to use , then store the file . Hopefully that will help . Also going to say the hell with it and buy the VT advanced hyuandai to run the compatible program .

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I bought advanced Hyundai ex and I'm running a PID search . It found 50 specific and recorded them to memory and now doing some kind of 500 sample run dio .

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aaaaaaannnnnnddddd !!!!

Check engine light and dash is lit up like a Christmas tree :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks lol . I was able to remove the codes . I uninstalled torque while hooked up and it went nuts . I reset it and it code clear and back on line . I read on the tdi VW forum that there is a way to adjust outside air pressure . Apparently it's set to a default that screws with boost , intake and vacuum values. Does anyone know where I adjust this ?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ok on my phone it is in Vehicle Profile right below fuel tank level

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
981 Posts
So I guess you would take and turn ign on engine off and connect and see what the boost gauge reads then enter that in the vehicle profile as either a negative or positive which ever way makes the gauge read 0. Don't know what happens when you change elevation after that while driving but...give it a try.

Reactions: Caezar

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Very strange. I have the Kia plug in and all mine work fine. I will have to go into the settings but I think mine is the td gamma 1.6

Go into the Kia plug in and select the td-a gamma 1.6 and then go back into settings and scroll to manage pids and up at the top on the right you can add predefined pids

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All good now . I even added a new value of -14.9 which is the accurate pressure to where I'm located now from a weather app lol . I'll test it more in the morning . I downloaded the 1.6 ceed PID and loaded the pid's into torque . It has boost PID and cvvt oil temp . The gamma td is NA so I couldn't find the boost . The veloster app has hardly anything we have . I did however find other pid's but kind of useless odd ball stuff unrelated to performance

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol . Got in the car now it was in reverse showing over boost again . I set it at 0 problem solved !! Ha ha .

·
Registered
402 Posts
Which plug in should I buy Kia or Hyundai?
LMK.
Thanks All

·
Registered
981 Posts
Which plug in should I buy Kia or Hyundai?
LMK.
Thanks All
Kia, some of the Hyundai PIDs are different especially for the A/T.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.