Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that might get your attention......sorry about that.......

I am desperately searching for a Forte-5 SX, in South Florida. Funny thing is, the dealers have no clue about this car. Each one I called, put me on hold to see if they had any in stock........LOL...........of course not. I don't thing they have made it to Florida. Point #2: No clue when they might show up......

HELP....anyone have a clue what is going on???? I know that people have purchased this car......HOW and WHERE...?????????

If nothing develops with the SX, I just might have to buy a Mazda 3 Hatchback sGT w/2.5L engine and all the goodies...............Please SAVE me.

Thx in advance for any insight you can give me.

Phil R :confused:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Thought that might get your attention......sorry about that.......

I am desperately searching for a Forte-5 SX, in South Florida. Funny thing is, the dealers have no clue about this car. Each one I called, put me on hold to see if they had any in stock........LOL...........of course not. I don't thing they have made it to Florida. Point #2: No clue when they might show up......

HELP....anyone have a clue what is going on???? I know that people have purchased this car......HOW and WHERE...?????????

If nothing develops with the SX, I just might have to buy a Mazda 3 Hatchback sGT w/2.5L engine and all the goodies...............Please SAVE me.

Thx in advance for any insight you can give me.

Phil R :confused:
Sorry to hear about all your frustrations trying to find your car! It seems the 2014 SX models are still very rare to come upon and the Forte 5 is harder to find than the Koup, it seems.

I took a look online, and (not sure where in FL you are located) but using the Orlando, FL zip code, it shows the CLOSEST 2014 Forte 5 SX 1.6T from Orlando is almost 800 miles away...
BUT! That may not be true. Not ALL dealerships post their inventory online to third party sites such as Cars.com Autotrader, etc.
(When i was searching for a 2014 koup SX, it showed the closest one was over 300 miles away and i happen to pass my local Kia dealership one day and see one sitting on the lot! They had it online in their inventory, but not on a third party site that i was looking through)

So....you could look at your local dealerships inventory online and see if they have one, or even go 50 miles out and look at the Kia dealerships inventory online. Which, it seems you have called a few places.

Even if your local Kia dealership doesn't have one in stock, they can always pull the car you want from another lot that's far away, OR order one from kia directly and have you pick it up when it gets there!

@Markus can chime in on this...he wanted a forte 5, his dealer didn't have what he wanted, so he waited until they got one for him, and he picked it up. You could always go that route!

Do not give up hope, it may seem like a stretch, but you CAN get the car you want!

Here is a link to the site I used to look for the Forte 5 nearest to you....you can look at it, and maybe go to your local KIA dealership and tell them where you car is (if for some reason they can't find one) and they can more than likely pull it from a lot hundreds of miles away, or, like i said, order one from kia directly.

New 2014 Kia Forte SX - Hatchback in 32803 Area - on Cars.com

Take a look there, and that's a start! i wish you the best of luck finding your car!! If you need any additional help, just let us know. We are here to help my friend!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you much.....good advice........I'll see what I can find........ Soon, I must get back to my life and quit looking for cars.........LOL......

Phil R

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Thank you much.....good advice........I'll see what I can find........ Soon, I must get back to my life and quit looking for cars.........LOL......

Phil R
You're welcome. I just searched through almost every KIA dealer in FL it seems and still no luck finding the Forte 5 SX, i did find a Forte Koup SX like mine though, lol.

I think your best bet would go to your local dealer, and tell them exactly what you want and if they can not find the car on another lot, they can order it for you. They are ALWAYS wanting to sell a car, so they will do whatever it takes to get the car for you! You may just have to wait till it gets delivered! but its WELL worth it!

·
Registered
219 Posts
@Redturbo, you called? :D

My local dealership was waiting for delivery of an 5 SX (cannot remember if it was the AT premium or just the SX), it was in transit to them. They did have a couple of 5's there, an EX for certain, which I had test driven, and another one, possibly an LX, not too sure, didn't look at it. When I placed the order for my SX, they had a search and with a fair of of wrangling, were able to re-route their red car to another dealer, who was gracious to re-route their corsa blue SX Premium to the dealership for me. It took just under two weeks for the car to get to the dealership, and I think I was pretty lucky to get the spec and colour I wanted so quickly. I know it was the first 5 SX Premium the dealership has sold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.