Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed there's a very visible score on the tire wall from my fenders rubbing against the tire when ever I go over a bump too hard from the coilovers. Sometimes it's at great speeds. On my right side part of thr lining has come apart ripped. Because it's on the top of the tire wall I'm scared I might get a blew out thr next time it rubs.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
ouch...
you need to drop weight :) or get smaller tires lol

can you limit the penetration distance?

·
Registered
458 Posts
ouch...
you need to drop weight :) or get smaller tires lol

can you limit the penetration distance?

Yeah, I need to drop a few pounds, that's for sure.

Dropping to smaller tires isn't an option; I just love the way 18" looks. If anything, I'd like to go 19". Next summer, may be. I need to either alter my driving habits really bad or go even stiffer to avoid travel?

Limiting penetration? That's what she said.

Seriously though, If I just didn't happen to look at my wheels this morning for some odd reason, I wouldn't have noticed but the fender was collecting quite a bit of rubber then I drew my finger along the tires and there's a score all along the entire tire on my driver side. On the passenger side, I remembered having hit a big pot hole at speed and gave it really good thunk. Come to discover what the cost was weeks later by way of a busted fender liner or whatever it's called. Cracked and hanging for dear life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts