Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know there is an official exhaust thread, but I thought I would write up my own experience with my muffler delete for those who are contemplating it.

First off - the exhaust note is fantastic once the stock muffler is off. At low RPM's you can barely hear a rumble while driving if you have your radio on even a normal volume.

At high RPM's it's louder, obviously, but it's not even close to a "droning" or cabin-filling sound. The resonance all stays outside and never enters the cabin. Now - with that said, my muffler delete dumps right before the muffler hanger. I didn't want to see anything at all - not a tip, not a pipe, so for those of you who want to run exhaust pipe all the way back into the OEM rear bumper outlets will have an even quieter cabin than I do - and that's saying a lot since, like I just said, it's not loud whatsoever.

I will add this little tid-bit, I feel personally that without a muffler the note is a little bit (and I do mean LITTLE) too "tinny" for my liking. So I am going to add a Magnaflow 11226 OR add a small chambered muffler to add some depth but keep the "performance gains" of a straight axle back. And by "performance gains" I mean the 8 HP you get. hahahah

Anyways, I'll post a vid if anyone wants one - but there are tons out there everywhere. I just thought I'd describe the exhaust note in a little more detail than I've personally seen in any other posts. :)

- G

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will. I have a go pro that I'm going to strap to the rear bumper, and I'll mount it in the car as well. I will also have revving footage. It will be sometime next week and I'll post it up on here.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Strapping it to the bumper is dumb. You should do drive by so you know how it sounds to someone else. lol

I have a delete as well. Some days I hate it; while others I wished it was louder. I'm thinking once I get the downpipes it will be louder.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I'm thinking once I get the downpipes it will be louder.
And you will have days when you hate it even more lol

Why do you hate it? Noise?

That's the very reason that keeps me from doing all those changes.... although I would love to hear the turbo spool whistle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts