Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I couldn't believe it either but I checked it this morning and the darn thing is stuck in there. Googling suggests turning it and wiggling it may dislodge it but I tried and it will turn 360 degrees but will not come out. Didn't want to pull too hard and have the finger ring portion separate from the stick. I'm going to see if the dealers can do anything. Disclaimer, I do drive it hard. I mean 4-5RRPM cruise. 20-30 seconds no longer than that.

Has anyone ever come across this before? It's really odd.

·
Registered
827 Posts
That is really odd. Before you turn the finger grabber until it breaks loose., you may have to give it a small tracheotomy, can you micro-slit the top of the dipstick pipe 1-2mm then "pinch" it back in shape so the dipstick is in the right resting positioin?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's going into the dealers tomorrow. I don't want to risk breaking the thing. It willl be interesting to see wha they say when they see my car has no muffler, aftermarket downpipe, coilovers, etc. "they this guy is modded, it's out of warranty" lol

hope not.

My greatest fear is they break it and I have to leave the car there for god knows how long for them to order a damn dipstick replacement. Nearly had my car in the shop for 1 month when they had to order a electronic relay for the brake lights that came from Korea, apparently. Was a tough month for sure.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It's going into the dealers tomorrow. I don't want to risk breaking the thing. It willl be interesting to see wha they say when they see my car has no muffler, aftermarket downpipe, coilovers, etc. "they this guy is modded, it's out of warranty" lol

hope not.

My greatest fear is they break it and I have to leave the car there for god knows how long for them to order a damn dipstick replacement. Nearly had my car in the shop for 1 month when they had to order a electronic relay for the brake lights that came from Korea, apparently. Was a tough month for sure.
Are you going to try anything yourself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts