Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently learned of the mxtron head units (MXTRON For Kia Forte K3 Cerato 8 inch Android integrated DVD GPS Navigation), and have searched high and low for more info. I've come across knee's posts regarding it, but nothing recent. I tried a pm, but his inbox is full.

does anyone else have any info on this unit? I can overlook the backup cam and possibly steering wheel buttons not working. I'm mainly curious about fitment and wiring.

I'm pretty sure it's running android, and not android auto. I'd prefer that anyways, as I don't want android auto, at all, especially with the 6 tap limit, forcing me to talk to my radio, which I refuse to do.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't think Knee is on this site anymore. Have you tried to reach out to people on Forte-forums.com? Larger base and greater potential of install base.

I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket unit. I do prefer Android Auto. Much more simplistic, imo.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm going to install a Pioneer AVH HU ( 7" ) soon that I bought new for another car before the Kia.
I've gathered almost everything to start the project. I'm going ISO on the wiring and the backup cam will work without it burning out.
And the steering wheel control is easy to do and will work well.
I'm going to mock-up everything first then install.
Stay tuned.
Thx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think Knee is on this site anymore. Have you tried to reach out to people on Forte-forums.com? Larger base and greater potential of install base.

I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket unit. I do prefer Android Auto. Much more simplistic, imo.
no I've not. I have however emailed the mxtron people and got a response from them. They seem to have updated it from the info I've gathered from knee's install. They claim it works with the stock backup camera, stock amp, and has inputs for steering wheel controls as well.

So far I plan on getting it unless I hear or read of something critical that makes it not worth it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just pulled the trigger and bought this. I'll post up after pics once it's installed. Maybe even a video

1 - 5 of 5 Posts