Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to give a beefier sound to my SX Koup. So far I love the car, the BOV hose cap is a cheap but awesome hack, yet I want to put that muffler to sound nice. I don't want to do a whole CAT installation, neither something that might cause me troubles with the smog inspection. I was looking at some Magnaflow exhaust, but I can't choose the one that perfectly fits, keep the noise bellow 95bd yet fits and sound nice. Can someone recommend a nice muffler for me? Can someone recommend a speed shop in the south bay area that sells and install parts? Also, how much would cost me the muffler swap (estimated)? Thanks for everything.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Hi,

I want to give a beefier sound to my SX Koup. So far I love the car, the BOV hose cap is a cheap but awesome hack, yet I want to put that muffler to sound nice. I don't want to do a whole CAT installation, neither something that might cause me troubles with the smog inspection. I was looking at some Magnaflow exhaust, but I can't choose the one that perfectly fits, keep the noise bellow 95bd yet fits and sound nice. Can someone recommend a nice muffler for me? Can someone recommend a speed shop in the south bay area that sells and install parts? Also, how much would cost me the muffler swap (estimated)? Thanks for everything.
A MagnaFlow muffler right in the middle where the stock resonator is and a rear muffler delete would sound really nice. If you want cheaper then do just a rear muffler delete and it will have a really nice tone. I have heard the car with just that done and sounds really nice.

Reactions: TexH

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A MagnaFlow muffler right in the middle where the stock resonator is and a rear muffler delete would sound really nice. If you want cheaper then do just a rear muffler delete and it will have a really nice tone. I have heard the car with just that done and sounds really nice.
I think I'll get the magnaflow. But I'll put this on hold since the car still on warranty. My progress will be the windows tinting and spiler first, next year the springs and then in 2018 the magnaflow. I want a 6th element CAI but the damn CARB and smog inspection won't pass. People tell me to do it under, but I prefer to keep it clean.

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
I'm in Cali also and waxed worried about smog. Many have informed me that since it is a new car you have 6 years before your first test so that why I pulled the trigger on it. Secondly people have been having many issues with their warranties for just removing a bolt and Kia won't cover it so that being said our warranties are useless if we do anything. I have been thinking exhaust for awhile now and was stuck between MagnaFlow and Borla.

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I am fully bolted and live in cali and no issues. Smog for me isn't till 2021. I just keep all stock parts. A muffler won't cause warranty issues.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am fully bolted and live in cali and no issues. Smog for me isn't till 2021. I just keep all stock parts. A muffler won't cause warranty issues.
So, the smog inspection isn't until 2022? How abou CARB stickers? That makes me think about putting a CAI.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
No parts for our car are smog legal lol. In cali new cars don't get smogged for 6yrs

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No parts for our car are smog legal lol. In cali new cars don't get smogged for 6yrs
I saw that, nothing is legal here, it might offend someone out there. I will wait a while, perhaps when I decide to install the muffler the Kia Kinetic version might be available. I don't understand why Kinetic doesn't show some love to Forte.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Yeah cali is strict but I don't care lol. I have no cats on my car and have had cops behind me and they don't say anything at all. I mostly get cops around here saying it sounds good and better then all the Hondas that run around lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah cali is strict but I don't care lol. I have no cats on my car and have had cops behind me and they don't say anything at all. I mostly get cops around here saying it sounds good and better then all the Hondas that run around lol
So, returning to this post. I decided to screw the warranty a go forward on adding a nice muffler. Previously is was mentioned that a Magnaflow and a muffler delete will sound nice and mean, and it won't attract the police, is that right?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've had mu muffler delete for 2 weeks now. I got use to it but it's loud. Droning is bad between 2-3, 000rpm. Wot sometimes rattles the interior lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had mu muffler delete for 2 weeks now. I got use to it but it's loud. Droning is bad between 2-3, 000rpm. Wot sometimes rattles the interior lol
I went to a speed shop and they told me that they can put an universal Magnaflow to increase the sound and they won't remove the cat. That will improve the sound inside the cabin, but won't attract police on the outside, which is exactly what I want. Can someone confirm this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts