Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going guys? So I just installed my Axel back exhaust from Evilla Motorsports. It sounds awesome, real nice deep tone to it. The question I have is, has anyone else experienced a slight idle surge after doing their muffler delete? I wasn't sure if it was something to be alarmed about or if the computer was still trying to learn the new setup. Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
First, video of the new muffler, I want to hear it.

And what do you mean by idle surge? I've noticed my car occasionally has fluctuating idle, it's not rough, but the rpms drop and then raise by about 100 rpms or so. It's very rare, and has only happened a couple of times. I haven't paid attention to it really.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By surge I mean it will go from about. 1800-2000 rpm but only for a brief couple of seconds. I will post a video tomorrow morning. You described pretty much what was occurring with my situation. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Disconnect the battery and unplug the ECU harness and let it sit for 10-15 min. That should help calm it down. If not then probably dealer time. No need to take the axle back off though since it won't void warranty

·
Registered
98 Posts
The surge you're talking about is pretty common on these and a tune will fix the problem. I'm waiting on my tune to come in and hopefully I'll never deal with that again. It's embarrassing when I take off while it's cold. Hopefully just resetting the ECU will fix it for you though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It worked great. The idle doesn't fluctuate anymore, its just a tad bit higher than it was before. I am certain the tune from Tork will help out with it. Now I just have to let the car learn the new setup. Thanks aagin for all the help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.