Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about this for awhile since my wife's optima has a led tight by the sunroof switch. It lights up the interior of the car pretty good. So I found a company that made some flush mount LEDs. The one I used was already set up for 12 volts and is only 6mm.

Then came figuring out where to mount it. My wife's car had took on that piece of plastic while mine does not. Plus even if I got it on there it would be distracting as hers is actually mounted a few mm in to the surface.

So I figured the mirror would be a good place and should have a switched power wire. (I have the homelink mirror). Took it apart, drilled a hole in the center and Sure enough I found the pink and black wire are on with ignition. Put it all together, and I think it really adds to the car. Not so much as a luxury feel like on my wife's car (her light is white and always feels like the moon is out) but more like I can see shit in the cubby hole and find the right charging cable.

Anyway time for pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are pics of the before and after as well as the light from outside the car which imho it's kind of distracting. So I made a little shield all the way around with some window weld (could not find my black rtv) but it seems to have done the trick though ugly. It's not visible from the driver's seat though.

Anyway more pics one also with the light covered so you can see how much light it adds.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Great info, but why so awful mobile uploads?

Admin, you need to correct this issue with the app.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The is an issue when loaded via the mobile page and viewed via a non mobile browser. Try looking at them from the mobile page to see if that helps.

For the LED I got the 6mm version from here. They are cheaper on their site (5.99 vs 7.99 on Amazon, but free prime shipping vs shipping charges). They have a larger one if you want brighter also. I may also incorporate some into the door cards or something along those lines as well. Also I think a bead may work to further direct the light output. I did end up sharpieing the LED to dim it up some.

Flush Mount LED Bolt - Brightest 12V light with sleek aluminum housing and screw nut (6 mm Black, Red LED) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AFU4QB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_kmPBbVopczwfE

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The is an issue when loaded via the mobile page and viewed via a non mobile browser. Try looking at them from the mobile page to see if that helps.
c'mon, that is not a solution here. I could say try and upload them using PC... that is not fair to offer. I would rather see them on 24" screen as opposed to 5.5".

I know that it works well on mobile. I am truly hoping administrator will get it fixed as, honestly, it is annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts