Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

Meth Injection

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  mr_sippi_forte 
#1 ·
Ok I have been reading that since we have GDI motors that the meth helps in several ways. It helps with knock, runs cooler, raises octane, and keeps our engines clean since we are direct injected. I know there is more reasons but Im sure most know.

I am thinking of adding the injection to my car soon and wanted to see what some of you thought about it. I know my car only has the intake and tune on it right now but soon will have a turbo back done. I am going to order my catch can today to help keep crap out of the system to.

#2 ·
theres a guy on youtube i watched... his name is turbo tom, he's had a turbo miata, gallant and grand national on his channel and i believe he added meth to all of them.

i thought of doing it also just because of what ive learned from him on his channel... i would go watch his videos if you need that little "extra" push to get you to order a kit lol

#6 ·
So I am convinced to buy a meth kit for the car but need advice on which kit to get. I don't need the most expensive thing out there as long as it does the job properly

#7 ·
I had no experience with meth other than watching breaking bad..... jk. But on veloster forum s, Sounds like on gdi engines you need to run 100% meth, no water. You might of read that also but incase anyone else is interested. .... might be best to read through some other veloster threads to see what they are using.

#8 ·
Hmmm yeah I know nothing about meth, just that some guys said on veloster forums there there was problems with running water with meth. Said it's gdi, it already has cooling effects and that mixing water there is problems with spark plugs blowing apart. I'll see if I can find the threads later. Not disagreeing as I never used meth but that's just what they are saying over there. I thought one of the vendors. Not sure if it was tork or someone else but they did test and went from 100-0, 90-10, 80-20, and so on and they had problems around 50-50. I can't remember exactly what they said, I'll try looking later tonight.

#9 ·
I know we talked over on the vt forums but the only kits we use/install(besides customer provided parts) is snow performance kits. As for percentages yes in gdi applications some problems can arise with higher percentages of water. I will try and provide a good link over to the vt forum where we discussed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.