Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Please post a picture of the item with your screen name

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20160101_121431.jpg

Let me know if anyone wants specific pictures of anything.

I got it mostly put on and couldn't get it lined up just right. I had already been debating on whether I wanted to mod my car and just decided not to.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
What's the alignment issue about

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not really sure if it's an issue or not. I tried doing it in the order the directions said but then remembered what I read someone suggested on veloster forums when I redid it that order it went way smoother.

Anyways I had one bolt in and couldn't get the other one lined up and then my wife started yelling for me and I still hadn't changed the oil yet so I said screw it.
If it doesn't sell in the next week or 2 there's a decent chance I'll try throwing it on again.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sold - sent a PM

·
Registered
981 Posts
and yes I like stickers lol

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just an update for anyone considering a MBRP Hot Pipe upgrade, if you are an A/T Forte or VT do not buy this part it does not fit. If you are a M/T (which is more than likely what it was designed on) then go for it you should have no issues other than it is pressed against the vapor canister=not a big deal.
As for the quality, they are well made and come with high quality silicone hoses and some of the best t-bolt clamps I have seen.

Oh and don't forget it comes with a sticker.

Reactions: mr_sippi_forte

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just an update for anyone considering a MBRP Hot Pipe upgrade, if you are an A/T Forte or VT do not buy this part it does not fit. If you are a M/T (which is more than likely what it was designed on) then go for it you should have no issues other than it is pressed against the vapor canister=not a big deal.
As for the quality, they are well made and come with high quality silicone hoses and some of the best t-bolt clamps I have seen.

Oh and don't forget it comes with a sticker.
Good to know. I almost bought this.. Wanted to test out the temps before switching to FMIC. Glad I didn't. Any idea what the difference is between A/T and M/T.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Physical size of the transmission. The new hot pipe takes a 90° turn about a 1/2" to soon and hits the front cover on the trans. Problem is if they extended it far enough to clear the trans then the 45° on the end and coupling won't work either.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That makes sense. I assumed I was just doing something wrong and want motivated enough to try for more than 5 minutes with adjusting it.

So it's not going to work out for your friend then?

·
Registered
981 Posts
That makes sense. I assumed I was just doing something wrong and want motivated enough to try for more than 5 minutes with adjusting it.

So it's not going to work out for your friend then?
Nope, the VT is A/T also. Not to fear I will make good use of the clamps and sticker lol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you still have it when I get paid for some freelance work soon, I might just buy it off of you. I want a hard hot pipe and this seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you still have it when I get paid for some freelance work soon, I might just buy it off of you. I want a hard hot pipe and this seems like a good deal.
Oh lol I just cut it when I was at the shop today so I can weld a different end on it and lengthen it so it fits the VT. Then we are using a silicone 45° instead of that weird double hump reducer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts