Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am driving home from work yesterday and I see this really nice Mercedes Benz. Totally blacked out windows, AMG, etc.. But what really caught my eye was the front and rear hood/trunk emblems. There were matte black. With the shiny black paint under the matte black. It looked so cool. So I got to thinking, and that always gets me in trouble! I asked the guys at K5 Optima store and they don't do the "KIA" emblems just the "Broken K" ones. Has anyone seen anything like this?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
That doesn't look to bad. I still need to get my K badges off and send them into K5 for a replacement.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The only problem is our stock emblems have a smooth surface not like the pro ceed in the pictures. If you would have to replace the badges anyway wouldn't you just get broken k ones?

·
Registered
981 Posts
The only problem is our stock emblems have a smooth surface not like the pro ceed in the pictures. If you would have to replace the badges anyway wouldn't you just get broken k ones?
BLEHGG... Everyone has broken K badges.

Reactions: shagger

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not into the broken k everyone has them. I just took all the emblems off but the front and rear Kia badge

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
What was wrong with your badges F5?

I still want the red wine with the silver k
The chrome is peeling off on mine. I talked to K5 and they said that there was a bad batch of them and to just send them in for a replacement and I can get what I want.

I barely see the broken K badges around here but when I do it's usually a modded optima and they always fly up and give me the thumbs up about my car. Others keep trying to figure out what my car is lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
It looks like the lettering fell off like old appliance that have the vinyl partially peel off. I rather go full commando. Rip the badge out, fill the hole with some compound and smooth it out; problem is I don't know where to start or what compounds I'd need.

Not sure if you guys like this idea, but I like cars with spaced lettering for their names like the P O R S C H E you see on their cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts