Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am wanting to get the tune at the PA event, but they said I need to remove second cat, or they restrict the tune to 220 wheel HP..

So what will I need to make this test pipe? I'd like to keep the stock resonator for now. I'd imagine that I would need to buy a straight piece of 2.5" pipe, and a flange to connect to the stock down pipe. Then weld the pipe to the stock resonator? What kind of flange would I get? Would it be a standard two bolt flange that I can pick up at autozone?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Gut it out..... Takes 5 mins

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Downfall is the cat has a small inlet/outlet and the flange that hooks to the DP is small to. It will help gutting it but you will get better benefits just removing it. Plus if you look at the inlet/outlet they are offset

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did gut it, but they said for the event you can't have the cat.. So what would I need to straight pipe it?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
You need 3 2.5" 2 bolt flanges and 2.5" pipe. Cut about 4-6" away from the cat and then put a flange there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need three flanges? I know that I need the one for bolting to the flex pipe off of the cat and downpipe assembly, but would I need the other two if I keep the stock resonator, or is that just if I add my own aftermarket one?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
You would need 3 because you need to weld one onto the cat that you cut off so you can bolt it back in when needed and 2 would be for the test pipe

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AH! gotcha. For some reason I thought the stock resonator was just welded to the cat, and I would cut it in between there, and weld the test pipe on. But from what I understand, what you are saying is that you can unbolt the cat from the downpipe AND the stock resonator.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Yeah you would make it so you can unbolt just the cat right before the resonator and then bolt in the test pipe when you want it

Reactions: CrypTech

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I went with a downpipe form a vendor, is there one that deletes both cats? Like one that comes with a testpipe already?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
As of right now no. The downpipe just deletes the first cat. Evilla is coming out with a midpipe with no cat or resonator on it soon

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
All I know is that he has the stuff on order to make them and once they come in he is going crazy on it to get them done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts