Update on the mod!
Just finished up installing the updated line. Took her out for a spin and she is a totally different animal!
Clutch feel has improved greatly. No more messing with the clutch to pull out smoothly with no bucking or over slipping the clutch.
Also 1st to 2nd is a lot smoother
It become more involved then I wanted it to. I was looking for this to be completely bolt on but I ended up having to take off my hardline off and reflare it. Reason being the flare on the hose I ordered from Kia (from a different year vehicle) was a male bubble flare. And the line coming into the regulator that I replaced was also a male bubble flare.
My first idea was to find an adapter that had two female bubbles flares in it. But nothing like that exists.
There for I had to cut and make a normal flare. Which then would bolt to the adapter that was in the new rubber hose.
That is the easiest I can explain it. But either way here is a picture of the old regulator and then the new rubber hose I put inline where the regulator used to go. The only way to fit it was to wrap it into a circle and secure it. Making sure there is no bends or kinks to distrust the flow
This line is literally the only piece you can use without extreme modification or fabrication. Reason being one side is a normal brake fitting. But the other going towards the clutch master cylinder is a snap fitting with a c clip.
Here is a pic side by side
Notice the new brake hose and the different ends
So this is my thought
First I would like to get some feedback on this to see what everybody thinks
(Mostly concerning m/t owners)
If I can get enough people together who would be interested in this mod.
I will put together these kits to that when u receive them. It Will strictly be a bolt on procedure. There will be no need to cut any of your exsisiting line, or any flaring involved. I know there are owners that probably know how to flare a line, but there are Also most likely more than that don't know or don't have to tools to do so.
The list will include the hard brake line that goes from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder.(modified with a new flare)
The brake hose that is used to replace the regulator assembly
And one adaptor
I will also make a full D.I.Y to go along with this so the process it cut and dry
Full installation time including bleeding the system is about .5 -1 hour for an experienced person
And possibly 1.5 hours or longer for a first timer
I am not quite sure at how much each kit will cost. I will have to put it all together and do some math.
But I can say it is a relatively cheap mod
Please everyone include your feedback.!!