Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Exactly what I do every 2 weeks lol. I take them all off and scrub the inside of them and scrub the sidewall of the tire and also put tire dressing on that side to help keep them from cracking

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly what I do every 2 weeks lol. I take them all off and scrub the inside of them and scrub the sidewall of the tire and also put tire dressing on that side to help keep them from cracking
Ahh that's a good idea! I'll go buy some stuff for the inside of the tire, I never even thought about that before lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
If you want your wheels super clean and not build up the junk from the road on the back it's not lol. I am just anal about doing that. I also clean in the wheel well when the wheels are off

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I used to do it every oil change on my other car but since I was driving almost 3k miles a month I would rotate tires on my car every 2 weeks just to make sure they all stayed good. So figured while doing that might as well clean them to lol

Reactions: Forte5GT

·
Registered
535 Posts
Man I am one lazy car owner I guess. The wheel well and backs of my rims get a spray during wash day but that's it but once I get a house instead of an apartment that will all change.

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Man I am one lazy car owner I guess. The wheel well and backs of my rims get a spray during wash day but that's it but once I get a house instead of an apartment that will all change.
I remember those days of being in a apartment. Sucked when you want to work on your car. My cars never stayed clean lol.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I remember those days of being in a apartment. Sucked when you want to work on your car. My cars never stayed clean lol.
Totally. I would have a few other mods done right now if I had a place to tear it apart and leave it for a day or two.

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, even in my apartment days I was sure to stick to complexes that had garages. No way I'd leave a car I care about out in the open to get door dings, kids/cats crawling over it, exposed to weather/UV all day, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
That's why my car sits in the garage. I always worry about dings or scratches. I did get 2 tiny dings that I can see that need the paintless dent removal done on.

My suv sits outside on the street and worry about it so I make it a habit to park it away from the sidewalk as far as I can and I go and check on it daily.

Some people just don't care about others cars.

Anyways. When I rotate my tires I always torque the lugs down in stages. First I do about 50 then up to 75 then to 85. I do that to make sure all is seated right before getting to the max.

Reactions: Forte5GT

·
Registered
309 Posts
What brand of took wrench you guys use? Just saw a ChrisFixIt video and he recommends a cheap one called Tekton or something. 10-150lb.

My wheels are absolutely caked in brake and other crap dust.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I use Harbor Freight quality wrench. It is much better than my hand, yet inexpensive.
I bench tested it and is quite accurate. By quite I mean it was off by a 2-3 pounds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts