Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i used the torque app today and my boost just go up 6to11 and boost slag or something weird. Like the turbo pulled a lot of time between go consistent, i gonna try to get video tomorrow cuz today was raining hard.

Any help?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hit 17 at 5000rmp or right around there and then it drops off a little after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Check all clamps. Take the little caps off to get to the flathead slot and tighten them down more.

Any mods done to it or totally stock?

17-18 is normal and should start falling around 5500

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got 6th intake, dual catch cans, resonator delete pipe. I have the piping for the intercooler but no time for put it in.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Did you do it with the engine cold or fully warmed up ? Mine will only go 10-11 psi tops until the car is up to operating temps . What those are and where the ecu pulls that information from is a mystery though , because even With a 48° intake mani temp the car will do 17 but with the same intake temp at 48° and the water temp at 125° it when I first start up gives me 10 . I think it's the oil temp and the car does not provide a value to the torque app or the Defi meter C .

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The ecu will hold you back from boosting till all fluids are at temp. It's a safety measure so you don't boost hard while it's cold. That's why mine sits for 10-15 min before leaving the house. Maybe more when it's colder out

·
Registered
253 Posts
The real question is the hardest one to answer, is it still making proper power. This ecu will to a certain extent only boosts what it feels it needs to especially on a factory tune. What I mean by this is there is a commanded boost pressure but it also calculates estimated power and will hold boost back if it can target that power level. That being said I would check all connections and go from there

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
You can reuse the stock clamps just don't crank them down so hard they start skipping. It is recommended though to T-bolt clamps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts