Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the little things you guys like about your FT?

Since I got my car, I've had my fair share of Oooh's and Ahhh's that I didn't notice when first checking out the car, and things I absolutely love compared to my last car.

1) Hatch storage system - I absolutely love the little cubbies to store crap, and the design that you can easily remove it all if you need more space.

2) Things falling underneath the seat - on the right side of me if I happen to drop something, so far 100% of the time it gets caught by the e-Brake recess. On the left side if I drop something there is plenty of space for me to grab it while still sitting. On my Mazda if something fell down - good luck getting it without bloody knuckles!

3) Seat Comfort - while my seats lack lumbar support (its okay I don't need it) I find them extremely comfortable. My girlfriend has a 2012 Civic and if you Google the top complaints, seat comfort comes in at number 1 or 2 haha. My lower back hurts in that thing but in my car I'm so comfortable.

Let's hear other things you guys like!

·
Registered
524 Posts
The tap turn indicator where if you just tap the turn signal it will flash 3 times for lane merges. Seems silly but I had that feature on my GTI then went to a Subaru that didn't have it and I missed it so much that I got an aftermarket flasher relay to do it heh. Was surprised to find it in the Forte but then Kia's not shy about trying to emulate the GTI with the Forte5 heh.

The power folding mirrors. Seem gimmicky at first, but are actually quite handy in our 2 car garage which is a tight fit.

How easy it is to pull up the center console. Just grip inside the shift boot and pull up. No prying around for and breaking tabs like in other cars.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I like the user specific oil change minder. You can program in practically any mileage for your oil change interval. I enjoy the flick signal thing too. My wife's Optima only has the off or 3 to tick option. I have my koup set to 5 ticks

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
- Triple touch turn signal. Actually, I changed it into 5 blinks. Three is not enough IMO. 2 before starting lane change and 3 while doing it...
- Auto up/down front windows. Why it is not standard on all cars? All windows should be auto...
- Cooled glovebox and easy access to change cabin filter (not so tricky to pull off the stopper).
- Quiet ride
- Interesting look and people asking what is it
- Hill start assist
- Spacious trunk with nice storage system (just like KIA Rondo - wife's car)
13218d1361544943-2011-third-row-seats-help-i-5-seater-storage-area.jpg

- Turn signals in mirrors
- Good brakes

·
Registered
534 Posts
The hill holder system when it does engage also works if parked facing down hill and you throw it in reverse. Sadly the grade has to be pretty steep for it to work.

The bag holders in the hatch

The integration of the entertainment/nav system on the display. It's the one thing holding me back from putting in an after market radio.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
sometimes i would rather prefer to take out the false floor in the trunk and just stick speaker carpet all around the tub so i can place things lower in the trunk and have a little more room sense there is no spare anyways

·
Registered
219 Posts
The power folding mirrors. Seem gimmicky at first, but are actually quite handy in our 2 car garage which is a tight fit.
Not a gimmick at all. Had them on my Impreza, which was grey import, and the UK cars didn't have it, so there was a "cool" factor right there, however, it was very handy when in a tight parking spot, or when parking on the street, if you've not seen the average UK street then it's seriously lacking in width compared to normal streets over here.

I like the user specific oil change minder. You can program in practically any mileage for your oil change interval
How do you programme that? We're talking about the X days until service indicator, right?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I plan in fibreglassing the spare tire well for a sub but keeping the handy dandy storage cubbies.

Speaking of the cooled glovebox, has anyone actually used it? Does it work?

To me, its more of a "yeah whatever" feature and I'll probably never use it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
How do you programme that? We're talking about the X days until service indicator, right?
You must go to settings, in User Settings you have list of: Door, Lamp, Settings, Service Interval.
When you activate the last one it will ask you to specify distance and time.
Page 4-64 of Owners Manual.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Speaking of the cooled glovebox, has anyone actually used it? Does it work?

To me, its more of a "yeah whatever" feature and I'll probably never use it.
It does BOTH things. Cooling and heating!! So be careful. lol

If your A/C is on then it will be cooling, but if you turn on heater - you can grill chicken.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. I only ever keep my reg, owners manual and some napkins in my glovebox.

If I put food or a drink there, I'm likely to forget about it lol

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, it's more like something to keep a couple of bottles of water cool while you head out for a hike. If you never use it be sure to close the vent so your cooled air isn't being directed in there for no reason.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Yeah, it's more like something to keep a couple of bottles of water cool while you head out for a hike
x1f37a.png.pagespeed.ic.BvtGLK8p4U.png

Why waste space for water? I would rather have the 95% pure water...

Reactions: Cardhu

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think the popo would take too kindly to that although I was thinking the same thing lol

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not a gimmick at all. Had them on my Impreza, which was grey import, and the UK cars didn't have it, so there was a "cool" factor right there, however, it was very handy when in a tight parking spot, or when parking on the street, if you've not seen the average UK street then it's seriously lacking in width compared to normal streets over here.
Yeah back in the old world it's definitely more of a necessity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really like the auto-dimming rearview mirror. Didn't realize I had it at first. Wife likes the comfy seats, and leg room. Also, I find that the back-up camera makes nasty city parking jobs a breeze.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

use the menu button on the steering wheel to go through the menus, you'll get to a point where you can cycle through the numbers and program your own number in

1 - 20 of 44 Posts